Penguins General Discussion

And1

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey.. can someone tell me why NHL.com is showing the score from the April 1st game? LMAO.. I'm just kidding. Is it bad of me to say that as a fan, I am done watching these guys this year? I dont consider myself a fair weather fan by any stretch.. I'm just really really sick of watching this train wreck.

I had no chance to watch today's game, but holy f**k when I looked at the SOG stats - Pens 47, Flyers 20. Mamma! Was Mason
that good, or what?

Also, since the realignment we have this new playoff seeding system, so the Senators are our worst rivals right now. And they
won 3 in a row. Damn.

And intriguingly enough the next game is vs. the Sens in Ottawa. Must f*****g win!!!

P.S. Go Leafs Go! 1-0 against the Sens so far...

This is a good thing @Yorick ... They've breezed into the playoffs a few years now and haven't been super successful. This adversity will either get them in the fight frame of mind for round one, or eliminate them and they learn the value of points, especially as the season winds down. If they're eliminated they wouldn't have gone far anyway. This is a good thing, believe it or not.

I think they'll get in. They need desperation.

This is a good thing @Yorick ... They've breezed into the playoffs a few years now and haven't been super successful. This adversity will either get them in the fight frame of mind for round one, or eliminate them and they learn the value of points, especially as the season winds down. If they're eliminated they wouldn't have gone far anyway. This is a good thing, believe it or not.

I put their odds at 50/50.  

I put their odds at 50/50.

I go 70/30 just because we hold the tie breakers, the Sens face the Rags and Philly while we face the Isles and Sabres, and I still think once faced with elimination our talented players will matter most.

I go 70/30 just because we hold the tie breakers, the Sens face the Rags and Philly while we face the Isles and Sabres, and I still think once faced with elimination our talented players will matter most.
I like to agree with the theory. Unfortunately this team doesn't want it bad enough! I don't know the reason why? I believe that it is the way that it is!:-(

I like to agree with the theory. Unfortunately this team doesn't want it bad enough! I don't know the reason why? I believe that it is the way that it is!:-(

Because other than Crosby and a select few others, I think too many players just expect the stars to do it all with or without them. A sense of entitlement. Now they're waking up to the idea that it doesn't work that way. This is as on the edge this team has been in the regular season as this team has been since Sid's first taste of the playoffs.

Because other than Crosby and a select few others, I think too many players just expect the stars to do it all with or without them. A sense of entitlement. Now they're waking up to the idea that it doesn't work that way. This is as on the edge this team has been in the regular season as this team has been since Sid's first taste of the playoffs.
That is quite possible! All I know is they best wake their as.es up that include Crosby,Malkin,Fleury and all others with Johnston and the rest of the coaching staff!

I totally don't believe in success in Round 1 if we make it, but I think it's a matter of principle just to make it to the playoffs. And yeah, I like your math 70/30 of the Pens' chances. We'll see how it goes.

Sigh, Pouliot may miss at least the Islanders game now. When will it stop. Johnston doesn't expect Letang back this weekend(duh, he's not even

on a bike yet) or Ehrhoff. I don't give them much of a chance against the Isles, they're going to forecheck us hard. Personally,

our only hope is to have either the B's or Sens lose one of their last two, and we beat the Sabres, maybe.

Though I'm a Pens fan I'm hoping they miss the playoffs just to save the embarrassment of losing in the first round and to Hassen any changes that may be made if any!

Roll the dice my friend. If nothing else you have a chance, you generate revenue for the team and the city, and we get a few more games to enjoy the team and sport we love before the long summer sets in. We all know only one team wins it all and even when playing great the odds are against it... But in the immortal words of Jim Carey... "So you're saying there's a chance"...

0-2 Ottawa now.

The Rangers not even trying. Why would they though, with that President's Trophy already won?

Oh well...

Bruins down 3-1 with 9 minutes left. If that holds I believe we need 1 point to clinch in the next two games, or Boston to lose their last game.

Archived