Penguins at the Devils, "LOOK OUT, ITS A TRAP"

nossagog

Mouse_Trap_Board_and_Boxjpg.jpg

Good start to the game for the Pens. Gotta be patient tonight, the Devils are in full trap mode. There's times they're not even sending in a forecheck, and have all five players between their own blue line and center ice.

Wow, big win in over time. Pens deserved this one, out shot the Devils 43-14.  Schneider should still be the first star of this game, he was phenomenal. 

Pens deserved it. Schneider did as well though. What a putrid effort by the devils. Embaressing.

Pens deserved it. Schneider did as well though. What a putrid effort by the devils. Embaressing.

Agree, I was thinking as I was watching the game, "Do people really pay to see this kind of game?"  Playing a trap is one thing, it didn't even look like at time they were even trying to get into the offensive zone.  I feel bad for players like Jagr, that's got to be a bad environment to be in.

Agree, I was thinking as I was watching the game, "Do people really pay to see this kind of game?"  Playing a trap is one thing, it didn't even look like at time they were even trying to get into the offensive zone.  I feel bad for players like Jagr, that's got to be a bad environment to be in.

Its funny because he has stated on numerous occasions that he wants to stay, but he is doesnt mind being traded

would you want him back in a Penguins uniform?

Is kunitz really that bad?

Kunitz provided the means to separate pucks from defenders on the forecheck. . . . a few years ago, and get the puck to SId.  He's lost a step, and seems to float around a lot on the ice, at least to me.  And he doesn't have the soft hands to finish some of the passes that are fed him.  Yes he's scored goals this year, but not nearly what a scoring winger would.  He's more of a grinder, that has gotten old.

Absolutely not. No way you trade Kunitz for Jagr. Kunitz is recently back from injury, and was doing very well prior to it. We don't know if he's playing hurt or just lost a step. Even if he's lost a step you can do a lot better than a 3 month rental of Jagr for him. We're not trading anything of value for old man river, even if he WAS the answer to our power play woes.

Absolutely not. No way you trade Kunitz for Jagr. Kunitz is recently back from injury, and was doing very well prior to it. We don't know if he's playing hurt or just lost a step. Even if he's lost a step you can do a lot better than a 3 month rental of Jagr for him. We're not trading anything of value for old man river, even if he WAS the answer to our power play woes.

Polaris, I've not been happy with Kunitz for two years now.   Put a guy with silky soft hands on Sid's line with one more chance to win a cup, yeah I'd do it.  Next year, who cares, gives us some cap room to play with.  Jagr still controls the puck in the offensive zone better than 80 percent of the NHL forwards, and has a work ethic second to almost no one in the league.

Polaris, I've not been happy with Kunitz for two years now.   Put a guy with silky soft hands on Sid's line with one more chance to win a cup, yeah I'd do it.  Next year, who cares, gives us some cap room to play with.  Jagr still controls the puck in the offensive zone better than 80 percent of the NHL forwards, and has a work ethic second to almost no one in the league.

Right now Chris Kunitz has 6 more points in 4 less games

Right now Chris Kunitz has 6 more points in 4 less games

Take away PP points and Kunitz has 17 even strength points playing with Crosby or Malkin.   Jagr, playing on a trap oriented team that does not score a lot, has 19 even strength points(in those 4 less games) with Scott Gomez and Adam Henrique as centers. Nothing against those guys, but imagine what Jagr could do if he was playing with Crosby or Malkin, even if it was only for a few months.

Take away PP points and Kunitz has 17 even strength points playing with Crosby or Malkin. Jagr, playing on a trap oriented team that does not score a lot, has 19 even strength points(in those 4 less games) with Scott Gomez and Adam Henrique as centers. Nothing against those guys, but imagine what Jagr could do if he was playing with Crosby or Malkin, even if it was only for a few months.

He couldn't skate north-south with Crosby. Needs to be with east-west Malkin if he's with anybody. But I still can't see giving up Kunitz for a three month Jagr your.

Archived