Giroux: Flyers "no doubt" a playoff team

radoran

He was scratched so he could deal with a death in the family....i think it was his grandmother.

He was back in time for the game. Why suit up and travel with the team if you can't play? 

I think he was scratched because he stinks. :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was back in time for the game. Why suit up and travel with the team if you can't play? 

I think he was scratched because he stinks. :)

Oh i didn't know he was back...well then, but yeah like you said he was scratched...i agree with that...now scratch Coburn if they want to make the playoffs and insert CC back into the lineup.

But they are not playing well 4-5-1 in their last 10 so they are ripe for the picking!!!!

FLA has: TOR, MON, OTT, PIT

BOS: CAL, EDM, STL, CHI

PHI: CLS BUF NAS WAS

Flyers should be in the playoffs by next week!

Bruins have lost 3 straight....just saying!!!

And they face three playoff teams. Likewise Florida.

Flyers need to TCOB against the Jackets and Sabres. They've also got Carolina and Tronno before the end of the month.

None of this "blown third period lead" nonsense or "two goals against the team with the worst goal differential in the league" stuff.

No Doubt isn't just Gwen Stefani's first band!

:cool[1]:

And they face three playoff teams. Likewise Florida.

Flyers need to TCOB against the Jackets and Sabres. They've also got Carolina and Tronno before the end of the month.

None of this "blown third period lead" nonsense or "two goals against the team with the worst goal differential in the league" stuff.

No Doubt isn't just Gwen Stefani's first band!

:cool[1]:

Make that 4 straight losses....but they did get a point in OT. So 6 points back no games in hand.

Might not have been had Berube did the right thing way back in november and bench Coburn when he was singling out guys for bad play but for some reason gave Coburn a pass they lost some crucial games then usually by 1 goal and Coburn was on the ice/responsible for many i remember....

...so Berube lost me when he gave this dude a pass.....and then low and behold he gets hurt and is out and they crawl back closer to the playoffs...they might have been in right now had he benched all we can do is speculate...we'll never know.

With or without Coburn, or any other single player on the roster including Giroux or Voracek this team is no better than mediocre. 

@OccamsRazor

So without Coburn this team is a contender? Really? With Umberger and Vinnie and Grossmann and Rinaldo and MacDonald and Mason and Emerys health? And Vandevelde and Read and Bellemare. And shultz and Del Zotto and Schenn? Theres a whole lot of suckage and mediocrity there. A lot.

So without Coburn this team is a contender?

For the Cup hell no. For the playoffs....pulling a lot of dead weight as you mentioned......yes.

This team despite a blueline littered with #3's and #4's #5's and a couple #6 Dmen yes...despite the rag tag collection of Dmen this is a playoff contending team and i believe has Berube had the balls to bench Coburn back in november they would be a 7th or 8th seed right now.

But he didn't and yet with the rag tag blueline after tonights game they may be sitting 4 points outside the 8th seed....with the injuries to Mason and constant line changes that Berube has displayed....this is a resilient group...and fighting and scratching for a playoff spot builds character with these young kids with a young leader....only bodes well for the future.

And yes am i a glass half empty type guy...well yes i can't help it it's my personality....never say die....it's how i live as well. But i knew in late October this group wouldn't be a top 5 drafting team...a borderline playoff team is all....a one and done when/if they get in and well...i still feel the same...despite Coburn.

And we have one game against Boston, none against the Panthers.

The Panthers are apparently very interested in Kessel.

Yes and could be only 4 points back with a win tonight. We'll see. Stranger things have happened.

Archived