Which team(s) should be pursuing Jagr

Tannerp26

@JagerMeister  Even though the Bruins went to the finals the year they "rented" Jagr, he was horrible that playoff year. He was not skating like he usually does and was just very unlucky for the entire playoff....finished with 0 goals. His line did cycle the puck pretty decently, so he chipped in on the puck possession time, which is very important in the playoffs. I see him fetching a 2nd rounder and a mid tier prospect at the most. I think the Preds would be a very nice fit.

The problem with Jagr is that he's slow as molasses in January. Which is fine when you're on a team like the Devils that lacks speed and plays low event hockey. On a faster team that plays a more open game, I don't think he's going to be able to keep up. 

@MadDevil  I agree Madman....Jagr would have trouble keeping up to any fast paced offense. That was part of the problem when he joined the Bruins for their run....he struggled to keep up. Most teams already have a set top pp, so you would be effectively adding Jagr for a 3rd line and have him help on the 2nd pp unit. I tell ya, I would not be giving up to much for a rental who can only play in limited situations.

Archived