Coburn to Tampa for picks and prospect

bullies

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who won this trade?

• Tampa Bay Lightning
    • Philadelphia Flyers
    • Philadelphia Flyers Fans
    • Brayden Coburn
    • Everyone wins and there is much rejoicing along the East Coast.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent work by Hexy. We got a cheaper, and much younger defenseman, plus a 1st and 3rd?? Sheesh, sign me up.

Does anyone know if Gudas has good foot speed? Or is he another Luke Schenn?

The fact that we took a defenseman back tells me we're moving another one today.

@flyercanuck

Not sure who on here said about a 3rd on here.  Like you I figured at least a 1st.  Agree Hexy did well. 

I forget names of posters, but yeah, there were a couple that said third.  I think that assessment was only based on seeing him play and figuring other GMs occasionally watched games as well.  

But when you get Chicago to pay a 2nd and a conditional for a senior citizen who hasn't played for over a year, there's no doubt Coburn goes for a first.   

Brilliant job by Hextall.  Gotta figure the pick will end up in the 20s somewhere, but so long as Homer isn't around to trade it for Eminger we should be alright.

Does anyone know if Gudas has good foot speed? Or is he another Luke Schenn?

I've seen mixed reports.  Some say he doesn't have foot speed at all, I've seen some that said that this is a non-issue.  Not sure who to believe at this moment.  Gonna have to wait for training camp since Gudas is out with a knee scope.

LOL, look at some of these posts from the TB part of HFBoards:

Gudas + Philly fans..... oh god

Yeah, that was my first thought. Gudas going to Philly is like Donald Duck going to Disney Land.

Radko Gudas gets called home to the mother ship.

What are the chances we make a big move today... Package the Schenn brothers? . Move Cooter? Find the village idiot willing to take VLC, McDud or RJ? . I can hope right..

I could see the Schenns being packaged together. Two half-brains make a whole brain, so it's not a bad deal ;)

I would love to see MacDud and VLC traded to Edmonton or Calgary together. MacDud has no say, but VLC would shoot that down before Hextall even finished the sentence, I'm guessing.

Gudas + Philly fans..... oh god

Yeah, that was my first thought. Gudas going to Philly is like Donald Duck going to Disney Land.

Radko Gudas gets called home to the mother ship.

That's just funny stuff right there.

Sounds like Gudas is a tough SOB that has a high compete level. Scouting reports suggest he is a 3rd pairing guy that can skate pretty well and drive opponents nuts.

Maybe he ends up a 7th/depth guy? 

It's pretty clear that something has to give. We still have too many defensemen

Streit

Grossmann

MDZ

Schenn

Schultz

MacDud

Colaiacovo

Gudas

Even if they just let Cola walk/waive him, that's 7 guys (if you include MDZ's certain extension) under contract for next year. 

I could see the Schenns being packaged together. Two half-brains make a whole brain, so it's not a bad deal ;)

I would love to see MacDud and VLC traded to Edmonton or Calgary together. MacDud has no say, but VLC would shoot that down before Hextall even finished the sentence, I'm guessing.

I would love see any of that happen Brel... I could deal with VLC if we rid ourselves of McDud and the Schenn brought us a good package...

I would love see any of that happen Brel... I could deal with VLC if we rid ourselves of McDud and the Schenn brought us a good package...

Yes, getting rid of MacDud would be better. VLC has 3 more seasons and MacDud has 5 more at a higher hit. The fact that he has no NTC makes him moveable to a team that has a hard time getting veterans to go sign there on their own, i.e. Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg...

From Ryan Bright...

As for Radko Gudas.. he’s a 24-yr-old, right-handed, 3rd-pairing, super-physical D. Blocks shots, can’t handle puck.

Sounds to me like he'll be a #6/7 defenseman for us.

Archived