Coburn to Tampa for picks and prospect

bullies

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who won this trade?

• Tampa Bay Lightning
    • Philadelphia Flyers
    • Philadelphia Flyers Fans
    • Brayden Coburn
    • Everyone wins and there is much rejoicing along the East Coast.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. I'm not as down on Coburn as some on the Board, and Tampa's pick will be late (maybe very late) in the 1st round...But hey, it's another pick for the Flyers in the first, clears cap space, and it shows the front office is serious about building for the future.

Not sure what to make of Gudas...Anyone seen enough of him to have a read on his game? From his stats he looks like a pretty standard 2nd-pairing guy, I'd guess. Maybe Hexy can flip him to someplace else for a 2nd round pick...Or he can take MacDonald's spot after he's traded tomorrow  :ph34r:

From Hockey Futures about Gudas....

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/radko_gudas/

Talent Analysis

Gudas is a throw-back, physical defenseman who likes to punish opposition players along the walls and in open ice. He is a bit shorter than most defensemen that play his style (possibly the reason he was passed over in two NHL drafts before being selected by the Lightning in 2010), but he has a thick frame and a high-energy motor that wears down opposing forwards. Gudas' offensive contributions usually come from quick, crisp outlet passes or by forcing turnovers in the neutral zone. He is also a willing combatant if the situation arises. His father Leo Gudas, also a defensive defenseman, was a 1990 Calgary Flames draft pick and played for the last Czechoslovakian team in the 1992 Olympics and for the first Czech Republic team the following season at the World Championships.

Future

Long-term, he projects as a shut-down defenseman who is valuable in his own end and can make life difficult for opposing forwards. While players like Gudas are generally not thought of in terms of being high prospects, they are a valued commodity on most winning teamsicon1.png.

Wow Great deal for the Flyers, Coburn has been making a living off his one good year after the Flyers got him from the Thrashers, Gudas has had a lost season, a slow start followed by an injury but he is nasty and mean and even has a good first pass, plus a first and a third?? Yzerman is doing a great job in Tampa of the rebuild but he bumped his head on this one.

Reading the Tampa Bay message forums, many think Yzerman overpaid for Coburn.

here is a good one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy viewpost.gif
Coburn is a veteran version of Gudas...

A veteran version of Gudas is worth a 1st round pick?

I'm just thinking of Coburn getting repeatedly burned against the Rangers last year and wondering if he's just going to be the new Carle to go alongside our old Carle

For those keeping score at home here is what Hexy has done in the the past 48-72 hrs...

Jump back into the 1st round...

Flyers pick currently at #9 and either #23 (Tampa's pick from NYR) or #25 (Tampa's other pick in the 1st) ... does anyone know which pick we got?

Jump back into the 2nd round...

Flyers pick now at #54 (from Chicago)

Flyers could have been picking also from # 39 BUT that when to NYI for McDud. Isle then traded it to Boston

my info came from here (has not been updated yet )

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/Years/2015.htm

Like @flyercanuck said, would love to see if the Flyers can garner another pick in the 2nd round.  A high second would be nice though doubtful at this time. 

Great job by Hexy!  I wasn't sure if he would be able to get a 1st for Coburn, but he got a very nice return on a guy who just didn't have a future here anymore.  So great to have 2 1st round picks and actually be back in the 2nd round!  This draft might actually be worth watching.  Now, timwe to start cheering against TBL so that the pick is as high as possible!

yeah...I know. I just did the 1st two rounds.

so I looked it up for the 3rd round....

Do we get this pick at # 62

3 Oilers2011Sm.gifOilers   Ducks2006Sm2.gif Ducks Traded Viktor Fasth to Oilers for 2014 fifth round pick (#123-Matthew Berkovitz), 2015 third round pick (?-?) on 2014-03-04 then to  Lightning2011Sm2.gif Lightning Traded Eric Brewer to Ducks for 2015 third round pick (?-?) on 2014-11-28

or this pick at # 85

3 Lightning2011Sm2.gif Lightning

Flyers did have #69 BUT that got traded to Columbus...

• This was the trade that brought Mason to Flyers and Leighton to Columbus on 4/3/13

BUT the Flyers have # 76 from SJS

• This was the trade that sent Tye McGinn to the Sharks

Archived