Hextall not disappointing

CoachX

Crouse is a beast.  Would look great in O&B, but I agree...he will be gone top 5 or 6.

How do you guys feel about:

• Timo Meier (RW)
  • Paval Zacha (C/LW)
  • Travis Koneccny ©

Read very good things about all 3.  Obviously they are not McDavid or Eichel but still very good players.  Watch Zacha / Konecny in the Fututres Game during the All-Star Break.

Thoughts?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think Strome and Marner should go between 3 and 5, with Crouse later. We shouldn't be picking defence...we should be picking whoever the best player at #11 is (or wherever we finish) 

Strome will be a C, but Marner may well end up a winger.

Is Strome related to the Strome on the Islanders?

Yeah, I was thinking one of Strome or Marner would be available at #5 so wondering if it would be worth trading #11 and tampa's pick for the #5 slot or if volume (2 picks) despite being lower might be better.

My defense vs. forward thing was that if they do want a defenseman that they might as well stay at #11 because there are several that should be going about that time.  But if they want center or wing maybe they move up.  

Would you trade both 1st round picks for the #5 or do you stay at #11/#20-something (all this pretending the other team holding #5 is willing to trade down).

Seems like Crouse might be a good fit on the top line. I think he'll be gone before the Flyers pick though.

I like Crouse, but think if you take him before Strome or Marner you're crazy. He'll be gone before we pick...unless we lose out.

Is Strome related to the Strome on the Islanders?

Yeah, I was thinking one of Strome or Marner would be available at #5 so wondering if it would be worth trading #11 and tampa's pick for the #5 slot or if volume (2 picks) despite being lower might be better.

My defense vs. forward thing was that if they do want a defenseman that they might as well stay at #11 because there are several that should be going about that time.  But if they want center or wing maybe they move up.  

Would you trade both 1st round picks for the #5 or do you stay at #11/#20-something (all this pretending the other team holding #5 is willing to trade down).

They're bothers rux.

I'd love to finish with a top ten pick on our own accord. It would be nice to have a shot at a few good players in one draft. Having 5 picks in 3 rounds gives us that. If we could lose more than we win here on out we might have a shot at Werenski who seems like a good prospect. He's a late 97 too so he may have a bit more upside on top of what he's already showing.

Archived