Congrats to the Senators

yave1964

Wow what a run.

The Senators, given up for dead by nearly everyone went on an insane run over the past 31 games, going 23-4-4 good for 50 points in 31 games, and they passed both Pittsburgh and Boston to capture a playoff spot with a roster filled with kids.

Veterans Chris Phillips and Chris Neil both have had lost seasons the kids have stepped in and stepped up and coach Paul McLean was whacked in early December with a record of 11-11-5 and relatively unknown assistant coach Dave Cameron took the reins.

He seems to have been the perfect fit. He knows the kids in the organization and turned it around and although he was not the coach all year, IMHO he deserves consideration for the Jack Adams award as the coach of the year.

Kyle Turris has made this his team. After pouting his way out of Phoenix and taking a few years of tantalizing fans by showing his immense talent every other game, finally made this his team. He has stepped up and delivered as a true number one center.

Anyway, congrats to the Sens for an amazing run. I am hoping they draw the Canadiens, a few years ago when the two met it was one of my favorite series ever.

The Senators, given up for dead by nearly everyone

Myself included. I didn't expect much of anything at the beginning of the season. I've had a great time being proven wrong.

One other key piece of the Sens team was missing during this insane run...Clarke McArther. He's back playing now, should help take the pressure off the top line. Stone and Pageau are my 2 fav Sens. Pageau is gonna be a star, nobody knows it but me....lol, but it *is* gonna happen!

Archived