Don't know if this topic was brought up, which players on Flyers roster who don't fit Haks

Mario99

It's really really difficult to say as they've been playing in a system less void for two years.

Who knows who can handle what?

I'd suppose Umberger wouldn't but who knows, maybe after surgery and rehab he's user to his old self, who would have probably fit in well from what I can tell.

VLC,Not likely. Too much skating.

Do we get the real Read again? He'll fit well. Last year's read? Nope.

I think it'll surprise many how well Macdonald fits in. It still won't matter, he'll still never earn his contract, but I think he'll play much better under Hakstol.

Couturier is going to star in Hakstol's system. This should be his break through year and he'll put to rest all those stupid comments that Fat Idiot said about him just before he got crap canned. If Couturier really is going to be the 2nd line center, I'm thinking 65 to 70 points this year. Schenn's going to have a big year as well because Hakstol seems to play a left wing lock type system, so it's going to force the left winger on each line to be the more defensively responsible player. That frees up Schenn on the right side to really play a more offensive role and gut feeling says he's going to be a 30 to 35 goal guy this year. One more forward who should do really well under Hakstol is Ryan White (provided the Flyers re-sign him). The gritty little ball of hate showed he can play a composed game while still be a borderline agitator and can skate and check. He's also very coachable, so you know he's going to get a lot of special teams ice time, especially on the penalty kill. White could possibly be the new Powe or Laperriere for this club.

I have to admit, I'm also interested to see if Hakstol will use Laughton and Cousins in the line up. I'd love to see Cousins get a role somewhere, especially when you consider how much he's improved his overall game and has become a significantly better skater than what he was when he first arrived in Philadelphia. If Cousins can adjust to the wing, I could see a Cousins - Laughton - Simmonds line causing extensive grief for everyone other team in the league.

Couturier is going to star in Hakstol's system. This should be his break through year and he'll put to rest all those stupid comments that Fat Idiot said about him just before he got crap canned. If Couturier really is going to be the 2nd line center, I'm thinking 65 to 70 points this year. Schenn's going to have a big year as well because Hakstol seems to play a left wing lock type system, so it's going to force the left winger on each line to be the more defensively responsible player. That frees up Schenn on the right side to really play a more offensive role and gut feeling says he's going to be a 30 to 35 goal guy this year. One more forward who should do really well under Hakstol is Ryan White (provided the Flyers re-sign him). The gritty little ball of hate showed he can play a composed game while still be a borderline agitator and can skate and check. He's also very coachable, so you know he's going to get a lot of special teams ice time, especially on the penalty kill. White could possibly be the new Powe or Laperriere for this club.

I have to admit, I'm also interested to see if Hakstol will use Laughton and Cousins in the line up. I'd love to see Cousins get a role somewhere, especially when you consider how much he's improved his overall game and has become a significantly better skater than what he was when he first arrived in Philadelphia. If Cousins can adjust to the wing, I could see a Cousins - Laughton - Simmonds line causing extensive grief for everyone other team in the league.

Well said...well said.

I would really want to see that CLaSh Line!

That line would clash every NHL's teams line plans to ever produce a point.

Raffl, G, V

Read, Coots, Schenn

Cousins, Laughton, Simmonds

Rinaldo, White, Belle

RJ.

Archived