Cookies for Kessel

I would not want to see us trade for Malkin. We're supposed to be rebuilding and Malkin is not a player you rebuild with. He's a player you try to get when you are already a contender and he might be able to put you over the top.

If we traded for him I would really be disappointed - I want a pick for Kessel.

I agree.

A 1st round draft pick should be what the Leafs are looking for in exchange for Kessel. However, in the event that a first round draft pick isn't available, then options like this should be looked at by the Leafs because Malkin is still young enough that he could be here and play at a high level when the Leafs are competitive again, and he's a proven commodity.

If other teams want to be stingy with the draft picks (or want to overvalue their draft picks and not give up a first rounder) then the Leafs need to walk away and do something bold like acquiring Malkin.

If I'm the GM of the Leafs (and God knows I couldn't do any worse than some of the guys they've had), this is my ask:

1. First found draft pick.  (OR)
  2. Current star player in their prime.

There would be no compromise. Option 3 is to hold onto Kessel for his entire contract. I would never part with any player unless I got fair value in return.  :)

I would not want to see us trade for Malkin. We're supposed to be rebuilding and Malkin is not a player you rebuild with. He's a player you try to get when you are already a contender and he might be able to put you over the top.

If we traded for him I would really be disappointed - I want a pick for Kessel.

If the Leafs could trade Kessel for Malkin you take that and run. Even if you don't want Malkin for the rebuild, you could trade him for a lot better haul than what you're going to get for a fat one trick pony.

If the Leafs could trade Kessel for Malkin you take that and run. Even if you don't want Malkin for the rebuild, you could trade him for a lot better haul than what you're going to get for a fat one trick pony.

Yah, you are likely right about re-trading him, but that means you can't get Malkin for Kessel anyway, and it makes no sense to go through a lot of gyrations to sweeten the deal for him, just to trade him again.

I really don't want Kessel! What good is a player who is on the ice for more goals against than his line scores! I don't like him defensively!

LOL.  :lol:

I'm gonna throw cookies at his head all season long. Every game.

Archived