Cookies for Kessel

I'm trying to start a new "thing" to replace the waffles at the ACC:

Whenever the Leafs allow a goal because Kessel forgets to back-check, fans are encouraged to throw cookies on the ice in the defensive zone. (The implication being that Kessel will be lured back into the defensive zone by his favourite snack!)

What do you think?  :P

Cookies are easier to bring to the ACC because they're more portable than waffles. They're easier to toss too.

I'm trying to start a new "thing" to replace the waffles at the ACC:

Whenever the Leafs allow a goal because Kessel forgets to back-check, fans are encouraged to throw cookies on the ice in the defensive zone. (The implication being that Kessel will be lured back into the defensive zone by his favourite snack!)

What do you think?  :P

Cookies are easier to bring to the ACC because they're more portable than waffles. They're easier to toss too.

I think they should throw him carrots and celery instead by the looks of him, then he might make it through June  the first week of April and still be productive.They wouldn't make him act any less unselfish, unfortunately.

I was also thinking that the cookies thing could be extended to include any outrageous giveaway leading to a goal. (The Leafs had several doozies last season.) It could also be extended to other players as well once Kessel moves on to other teams.

:)

LOL. It's really beginning to look like we will get not very much for Phil in a trade - but I don't care - he has to go.

It might be easier to move a fat, floating overpaid sniper signed way too long at the trade deadline. Someone thinking they are a few goals away from a legit contender may just bite. And regret the hell out of it if they don't win.

LOL. It's really beginning to look like we will get not very much for Phil in a trade - but I don't care - he has to go.

I'd like to keep him in Toronto until his contract expires (or until the rebuild is nearly complete -- whichever comes first), then I would release or trade him once the Leafs are ready to compete again. If possible, I would trade him to a last place team that is just beginning a rebuild of their own. 

But maybe that's just my inner evil self wanting to punish Kessel for all of eternity for what the Leafs gave up to get him, and what kind of player he has become in Toronto. :thumbsu:

I heard Jim Rutherford has a first round draft pick in 2016 he wants to get rid of! Do you think Toronto will part with Kessel?

I've stated numerous times here that the asking price for Kessel is going to be nothing less than a 1st round draft pick. He's the most valuable asset the Leafs have (which speaks volumes about why they are where they are in the standings). When you consider what the Leafs gave up to get him, management can't expect to keep their jobs by accepting anything less. It would be career suicide to any GM in Toronto that doesn't get a decent return on Kessel. Brian Burke was essentially fired for the deal that brought Kessel here. (I think it's the worst trade in NHL history.) The Leafs can't afford to lose out on both ends of a Kessel deal.   :)

I've stated numerous times here that the asking price for Kessel is going to be nothing less than a 1st round draft pick. He's the most valuable asset the Leafs have (which speaks volumes about why they are where they are in the standings). When you consider what the Leafs gave up to get him, management can't expect to keep their jobs by accepting anything less. It would be career suicide to any GM in Toronto that doesn't get a decent return on Kessel. Brian Burke was essentially fired for the deal that brought Kessel here. (I think it's the worst trade in NHL history.) The Leafs can't afford to lose out on both ends of a Kessel deal.   :)
I'm not sure if I would want Kessel attitude! For what I understand Kessell is a defensive liability, which is something the Pens don't need! Of course Rutherford would make the trade any way!

I'm not sure if I would want Kessel attitude! For what I understand Kessell is a defensive liability, which is something the Pens don't need! Of course Rutherford would make the trade any way!

Kessel for Malkin would make sense for a few reasons:

- Toronto needs a #1 center

- Malkin should be a #1 center on any other team

- Kessel needs to play with a #1 center (Crosby would be the best of the best)

- I think the Penguins save some cap space by moving Malkin which would let them get another depth player

- Kessel could boost his stats by 25% playing alongside Crosby instead of Bozak.

- Malkin would get out of Crosby's shadow and get more press and headlines playing in Toronto

And above all else, it would be a fair trade. Star winger for star center.  :)

My question to you wisdom is how does Kessel play in the defensive zone? With the Fleury plays the Pens need someone who can play defense and forwards who can back check!

Kessel doesn't play well defensively. His value to Pittsburgh would be as a wing-man to Crosby that could potentially score 50 goals per season. The Penguins would have to get their defence from somewhere else.  :)

I would not want to see us trade for Malkin. We're supposed to be rebuilding and Malkin is not a player you rebuild with. He's a player you try to get when you are already a contender and he might be able to put you over the top.

If we traded for him I would really be disappointed - I want a pick for Kessel.

Archived