Rumor update, Sharp, Soderberg and Mike Richards

mihqtvrOjDn9-Cc0apUX7Bw.jpg Latest rumors.

Enigmatic but talented Winger Carl Soderberg is unlikely to resign with the Bruins who are Cap-strapped to the max and whle they would love to have him back he is unaffordable. Soderberg turns 30 at the start of the year, has had 48 and 44 points the last two years and is looking to cash in. The Canadiens are already being considered his likely destination.

Also the Bruins are comfortable at number 14 in the draft but the rumors are getting louder that they are considering moving into the top five or six to nab a forward to start at the NHL level immediately. They have no cap room and a poor selection on the Wing so it is a way to circumvent things.

Pittsburgh has made it clear that any rumors that involve Malkin are just that, rumors. He aint goin' anywhere.

The Kings mDRcJNXO9R4z8LYIkEWjisg.jpgare shopping Mike Richards and his ridiculous contract to anyone wiling to listen. Two places I read state the Kings may even be willing to throw in a pick or a prospect for taking Richards off their hands. Kings GM Dean Lombardi says not buying him out last year was possibly his biggest mistake in the job.

Brad Richards stated at the Hawks victory parade that he would love to return to Chicago. He was a great fit, used in the proper role and I would not be surprised to see him return.

Chicago is looking to trade Patrick Sharp before the draft and the initial asking price is a first rounder, a prospect and a NHL forward. I read that in a bunch of places, it may the funniest thing I have ever heard. Over the hill, living off past glory, 16 goals this year and aging poorly. Good luck with that Stan Bowman.

That is it for now. Anyone hear anything good jump in!

mihqtvrOjDn9-Cc0apUX7Bw.jpg Latest rumors.

Enigmatic but talented Winger Carl Soderberg is unlikely to resign with the Bruins who are Cap-strapped to the max and whle they would love to have him back he is unaffordable. Soderberg turns 30 at the start of the year, has had 48 and 44 points the last two years and is looking to cash in. The Canadiens are already being considered his likely destination.

Also the Bruins are comfortable at number 14 in the draft but the rumors are getting louder that they are considering moving into the top five or six to nab a forward to start at the NHL level immediately. They have no cap room and a poor selection on the Wing so it is a way to circumvent things.

Pittsburgh has made it clear that any rumors that involve Malkin are just that, rumors. He aint goin' anywhere.

The Kings mDRcJNXO9R4z8LYIkEWjisg.jpgare shopping Mike Richards and his ridiculous contract to anyone wiling to listen. Two places I read state the Kings may even be willing to throw in a pick or a prospect for taking Richards off their hands. Kings GM Dean Lombardi says not buying him out last year was possibly his biggest mistake in the job.

Brad Richards stated at the Hawks victory parade that he would love to return to Chicago. He was a great fit, used in the proper role and I would not be surprised to see him return.

Chicago is looking to trade Patrick Sharp before the draft and the initial asking price is a first rounder, a prospect and a NHL forward. I read that in a bunch of places, it may the funniest thing I have ever heard. Over the hill, living off past glory, 16 goals this year and aging poorly. Good luck with that Stan Bowman.

That is it for now. Anyone hear anything good jump in!

This just in!

Fans from every team shopping a goalie think they can get a first rounder for a goalie. Realistic reads into the market say the best goalie will go for a 2nd round pick tops, while others will go for less.

Chicago is dreaming if they want that return for Sharp. 29 other GMs know they need to cut salary and there's no way any GM gives into those demands

My likely guess is Sharp + 4th for a 2nd and a cheaper roster player

Chicago is dreaming if they want that return for Sharp. 29 other GMs know they need to cut salary and there's no way any GM gives into those demands

My likely guess is Sharp + 4th for a 2nd and a cheaper roster player

Agreed. Sharp went from:

34 goals, 44 assists, 78 points and plus 13 to 16-27-43 and minus 8 as well as seeing his ice time fall. No way any GM is going to offer anything close to what Bowman is thinking. Like you pointed out, the Hawks are in Cap Hell as well. No way do they get anything close to what they want. It is laughable.

@yave1964  Sharp is certainly showing his age. He turns 34 on Dec 27. His point per game average for the past 7 years....

09 = 0.72

10 = 0.80

11 = 0.95

12 = 0.93

13 = 0.71

14 = 0.95

15 = 0.63

He has had a more than a few injuries in recent history, so I thought the ppg avg would give us a better indicator than just pt totals. That is quite the drop off from age 32 to 33. Probably safe to assume he will start to decline even more very soon. If they wanted real value, dumping him after the 14 season at 0.95 ppg would have yielded the optimum return.

Bowman is delusional if he thinks he will get some outrageous haul out of this guy.

Patrick is signed for this coming year and one more after that @ 5.9 mill per year. This should put him very high on the trade list for the cap tight Hawks. His salary, even for a declining older player is not all that bad, especially when you factor in the CRAZY money that will be thrown at UFA's in a few short weeks. I'd rather have Sharp at 5.9 for 2 years than Belesky at 6+ mill for 6 or 7 years (I think he will be getting in and around those numbers).....at least it's not a long term commitment.

I could see a team like the Islanders being in on Sharp, throwing him on Tavare's wing, which would give him at least a chance at getting back close to a ppg. The NYI are rumored to be shopping Okposo so they don't have to pay out the nose in his UFA year in 16-17....Okposo for Sharp, Trevor Van Riemsdyk and 2016 2nd rounder? This might work out for both teams.

@yave1964  Sharp is certainly showing his age. He turns 34 on Dec 27. His point per game average for the past 7 years....

09 = 0.72

10 = 0.80

11 = 0.95

12 = 0.93

13 = 0.71

14 = 0.95

15 = 0.63

He has had a more than a few injuries in recent history, so I thought the ppg avg would give us a better indicator than just pt totals. That is quite the drop off from age 32 to 33. Probably safe to assume he will start to decline even more very soon. If they wanted real value, dumping him after the 14 season at 0.95 ppg would have yielded the optimum return.

Bowman is delusional if he thinks he will get some outrageous haul out of this guy.

Patrick is signed for this coming year and one more after that @ 5.9 mill per year. This should put him very high on the trade list for the cap tight Hawks. His salary, even for a declining older player is not all that bad, especially when you factor in the CRAZY money that will be thrown at UFA's in a few short weeks. I'd rather have Sharp at 5.9 for 2 years than Belesky at 6+ mill for 6 or 7 years (I think he will be getting in and around those numbers).....at least it's not a long term commitment.

I could see a team like the Islanders being in on Sharp, throwing him on Tavare's wing, which would give him at least a chance at getting back close to a ppg. The NYI are rumored to be shopping Okposo so they don't have to pay out the nose in his UFA year in 16-17....Okposo for Sharp, Trevor Van Riemsdyk and 2016 2nd rounder? This might work out for both teams.

Zero chance. The reason they are potentially dealing Okposo is he wants a hefty raise.

Chicago can only drop Sharp for picks and ELC's. Sharp's cash is immediately going into Saad's raise

Archived