Winners & Losers of the 2015 Draft

AlaskaFlyerFan

Buffalo is improved, Eichel is going to be a solid player and O'Reilly is fantastic. The skill level of their forwards is dramatically improved.

A few words about Robin Lehner. My own personal observations:

He sucks, he was a terrible pickup. The last two years his record:

21 Wins

36 losses

3.04 goals against

To have given up a first for this slug when Talbot could have been had for less is mindblowing. Lehner will be the giggest disappointment in the game this year. He is not Hasek, or Barasso or Miller or Suave, he is not even Marty Biron. He is just plain awful and always will be.

How in the holy hell Murray thought that Lehner was worth a 1st round pick in *this* draft...that is staggering!!  What a huge mistake. He gave away a very nice asset and kissed it to the wind. The sad part, because they invested so much, he will struggle and twist in the wind for years and years before he's eventually cut loose. The Sabres at least have this in their back pocket....Robin will be bad enough that they will still pick high for the next couple of year. Cam Talbot could have been had for this pick you would think.....what a monumental screw up!!  This Murray dude is NOT the right guy to be leading this re-build...I'm 100% sure of that now.

I really like the O'Riely pick up, so maybe this guy has something between the ears, but when you mess up the goalie of the future this badly, it's a MAJOR screw up, he put his team back a few years by making this deal. He wlll stick with him also, to try and save face....LOL!

Of course I am hoping your are wrong but why would Murray take him I wonder?  Nothing says he is the guy that will  start. He  may wind up in Rochester forever for all I know.  But I am disappointed in the way he spent our other pick.  That said, all of his other moves must be considered wise ones. Of course Eichel was a no brainer but the O'reilly move really cost us little so if those two guy s pan out, him and McGinn, its worth it. The Russian D man is about the only true player we gave up in this deal.  I am starting to like our roster but the goalie situation must be addressed.  It is very likely Miller now has the Vancouver job sewed up for this year solidly due to Lack being traded.  Sure I wanted to get him back but I do not think Murray ever once considered it.  His ties to Ottawa scare me a bit.  And likely that is why he took the goalie because Ottawa will do business with him because of his relationship with them and his uncle.  Or whatever that jackass is to him?  I never liked the man but I do wish him well on his recent illness that I have heard no updates on.  I remember  him and Ruff almost climbing over the boards to get at each other during one playoff game.  We have had some wars with them making them one of my most hated teams.  I do not think Murray is done trying to grab FA's.,  Not by a long shot.

Lehner has potential, but I do not know how to rank him. Personally, i wanted Anderson from Ottawa. but I am happy to have gotten Jones, who has solid numbers under heavy workload in the AHL and good numbers at NHL level with the kings.

Lehner is a bit of an enigma. Athletic and potential. But A lot of Sens fans wanted to keep him so he did not become the next Bishop. he had 1 outstanding year in the AHL and 2 so so years. He had a great 12 game stint for the sens the same year he had an outstanding AHL year, but then fell back into Meh numbers.

If he can find that game he had during the outstanding year, look out. Not sure what the outlook is on that.

Goalies can change like the weather unless you have a Lundquist or Miller.  But I do not pretend to have any knowledge of this kid.  Murray had better.  you being a Sharks fan,  I really had expected the Sharks to get Miller.  I thought the Canucks would do a knee jerk reaction, but they were actually smart and kept the right guy.  Unless Murray can pull off a trade and acquire a good goalie this year, we must pray the kid plays above expectations if he indeed gets the job?  Lindbeck will get his chance I am sure.  I just do not understand why Murray did not pursue Talbot.  I am sick over that but maybe it was about money to be spent in other area's.  We will be far better.  How much better as far as being in the race to sneak into the playoffs remains to be seen.  We could have two dangerous lines.  I just will always wonder if losing Myers will come back to haunt us.  Bagosian seems to be a good pick up.  If Weber is still on the team he best take his head out of his arse.  I hope Murray has some more tricks up his sleeve.  Will O'Reilly be used on the power play?  With Eichel, Moulson, Kane, Gionta?

Sharks wanted a young goalie who could grow with the team. I was terrified they would go for Lehner, but thankfully, they got Jones.

I really am happy as a clam we got Jones. His AHL numbers are excellent and consistent and his NHL numbers were top notch too. Even though his save % took a dip this past season, it was more endemic a symptom of how bad the kings were playing than on the goalie. As usual, the kings were allowing few shots, but their breakdowns were making the shots allowed be really scoring chances, and Jones still had 3 shutouts and a 2.25GAA this season.

Moving forward and comparing rosters I would rather be in our shoes than yours.  We have Jack Eichel and a very good foundation of youth and some good vets such as Moulson, Gionta, Ennis, O'Reilly, Kane.   Buffalo will be a very good team and very soon

Uh oh.

You heard the news right?

Drunken hit and run on a tim hortons+ then he ran from the vehicle to evade police.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived