leafs start season

This upcoming season is going to be a "flush and forget" year for the Leafs. :rolleyes:

I'm talking 30th place "flush and forget". The season is going to be over before the "suits" get their pasty white 250lb bottoms into their platinum seats. 

This upcoming season is going to be a "flush and forget" year for the Leafs. :rolleyes:

I'm talking 30th place "flush and forget". The season is going to be over before the "suits" get their pasty white 250lb bottoms into their platinum seats. 

It's way to early to make that kind of prediction. First, the Leafs will be better cause Clarkson is gone.....some nice addition by subtraction right there. Perhaps Phaneuf is gone also....more of the same, addition by subtraction again. Maybe they make a move on Kessel, who would command a nice ransom in return. Secondly, the Leafs.....for the first time in decades, will have a coach who will implement a smart system AND get the very most out of the players that remain.

WAY to many variables right now to make that bold of a statement. Also, Cody Franson, who was BRUTAL in his own zone is gone, see first sentence above....LOL!

jammer2 is right. It's way too early to tell how the Leafs are going to be. It is certainly a possibility that they will be awful, but it's also possible they will be fighting for a play off spot. We don't know yet who is on the team, what effect Babcock might have, whether the losing culture is gone or not, etc.

Patience, Grasshopper... :hocky:

It's way to early to make that kind of prediction. First, the Leafs will be better cause Clarkson is gone.....some nice addition by subtraction right there. Perhaps Phaneuf is gone also....more of the same, addition by subtraction again. Maybe they make a move on Kessel, who would command a nice ransom in return. Secondly, the Leafs.....for the first time in decades, will have a coach who will implement a smart system AND get the very most out of the players that remain.

WAY to many variables right now to make that bold of a statement. Also, Cody Franson, who was BRUTAL in his own zone is gone, see first sentence above....LOL!

I think this is going to be another one of those "evaluation" years. Last time it was for Shanahan, now this time it will be for Babcock. It's basically a free pass to not achieve anything this year. (Folks, this is elite level, best in the world marketing. Every business on earth should watch how MLSE sells the Leafs to their fans. These guys could sell oil to Saudis.)

The way things are shaping up, I think the latest rebuild started around the trade deadline last season. This off-season, Kessel and Phaneuf will be moved as well, likely for prospects. I have no doubt about it. Every veteran player on this team is being replaced with an unproven prospect. (Which is usually how you start over from scratch.) Going into next season, I think the Leafs will have the same expectations that Buffalo had going into last year.

I could be wrong, but I think the Leafs will be near the top of the draft lottery for 2016.  :mellow: 

Archived