Burmistrov is back

Hatrik98

Not sure if this is a good thing. He was really young when he was with the team for the first go around and had a hard time finding his way. I thought after going to the KHL, it would help him out a bit . Didn't really produce there either.

I like it. With Frolik out, Burmi will likely convert to wing. He's got skill, just needs to find some chemistry somewhere. I'd like to see him get a look on the PP...

Really good 2 way junior. Hope he makes it there.

Was just having a beer on a patio and ended up in a conversation with a guy. He doesn't like Burmistrov. That's a pretty common attitude around these parts. I'm in the minority for sure.

I hope proves them wrong.

• 2 months later...

If memory serves Burmies issues lie with Noel and his lack of system; hard to blame him for that! I don't like how he walked away but sometimes young people do dumb things. Perhaps he's learned a thing or two and hopefully one of them is appreciation for his talent and the opportunity it's gotten him...twice. Maurice is a solid coach, I'd imagine Burmie stands as good a chance with him as any other top NHL coach. It's make it or break it time. I've always liked his hands and he has a solid shot. ALso, he plays a more physical game then people recognize. He doesn't always shy away in the corners and I like that about him. Hope it works out.

Z

I like Burms chances under Maurice too. I was always a fan and agree that Noel was an idiot.

Welcome by the way

Yeah I never agreed with the Noel hiring....he was in way over his head. I mean 24 games coaching experience when he got that job, not exactly what they needed.

@Podein25  There is always room in the NHL for somebody that skates like he can...even if he never ends up producing (which I find hard to believe), he will still find a place.

Agreed.

Z

Yeah I never agreed with the Noel hiring....he was in way over his head. I mean 24 games coaching experience when he got that job, not exactly what they needed.

Totally agree with that, this team needed an experienced coach badly, which is why they really took off once Maurice got there. I expect him to build off that first initial push, man, he's gonna have a young talented roster with some excellent vets mixed in....if they get the goaltending, they will be tough in the West. Really looking forward to Calgary vs Winnipeg games this year...they will be all out wars.

Totally agree with that, this team needed an experienced coach badly, which is why they really took off once Maurice got there. I expect him to build off that first initial push, man, he's gonna have a young talented roster with some excellent vets mixed in....if they get the goaltending, they will be tough in the West. Really looking forward to Calgary vs Winnipeg games this year...they will be all out wars.

I am very interested in seeing how Calgary handles things this year cause the cats out of the bag with whom they are now. I mean there has been a lot of talk around their goaltending last year and in the end I don't believe they got stellar performances from any of them, they got capable goaltending not lights out goaltending which led them to needing to score themselves out of a lot of trouble. We shall see if they can tighten that up or they continue with plan. They're D is very good so....

Z

Archived