Way Too Early Trophy Predictions

ScottM

hi-res-459167165-john-tavares-of-the-new

The season has not started -- training camp has not even started -- and yet I find that I cannot help but look ahead at what might happen at the awards ceremony in 2016. Today, I decided to put some thought into who might win each of the major individual awards, and I thought I might as well post my list. So, these are my predictions.

Hart: It finally happens for John Tavares. The Islanders take another step forward, and the two-time finalist is finally chosen as the league's MVP after posting his first career 40 goal season. Other finalists: Alex Ovechkin, Tyler Seguin

Vezina: I think the 2015-16 season will be a great one for the Columbus Blue Jackets, and the man between the pipes will be the biggest reason for their success. Bobrovski will remain healthy for the entire year, and Bob will be rewarded for driving his team into the postseason. Other finalists: Ben Bishop, Carey Price

Norris: The Ottawa Senators will return to the playoffs next season, but this time, it will be because of a steady season-long effort instead of a mad scramble at the end of the year. Once again, the team's captain Erik Karlsson will be at the center of the team's run, and he will win his third Norris Trophy. Other finalists: Mark Giordano, Duncan Keith

Calder: This will shock absolutely no one. The "generational talent" that was the envy of every lottery team will deliver the rookie season expected, and help bring some credibility back to Edmonton. This goes to Connor McDavid Other finalists: Max Domi, Jack Eichel

Selke: Bob Gainey won the first four Selke Trophies -- a record that still stands, and next year he will get some company. Patrice Bergeron will pick up his fourth Selke in five seasons. Other finalists: Anze Kopitar, Jonathan Toews

Art Ross: The Dallas Stars could not stop goals last season, but they could score them. For the second straight season, the Art Ross will take up residency in Dallas, but a different player will win it. Tyler Seguin's scoring pace last season would have given him 89 points in 82 games. He stays healthy and picks up the pace to win his first scoring title.

Rocket Richard: I'm not going to drag it out. You can guess it. Alex Ovechkin

Well, this is hard. The only one that i am confident in picking is Mcdavid for the calder, but even then, thats not a certainty. 

I think Karlsson will take the norris though, in the second half of last season, he looked like his former self, and had 38 points in 40 games.

And with the addition of Kessel to the penguins, Crosby/Malkin might end up winning the art ross, but at the same time, Seguin just keeps getting better offensively every year.

For the RR, the safe bet is Ovechkin.

The Coyotes will finish last and their trophy is First pick of the draft Auston Matthews.

You sure? With their luck, they're liable to fall to fourth after the lottery. Lol

Archived