Things That Concern You About Your Team(s) for 2015-16

TropicalFruitGirl26

Frederik Andersen is my only real worry for the Ducks. I'm not confident he will do what's required for a goalie in his position. That is simply... be a top 6 goalie in the NHL. He isn't a high enough caliber to get the Ducks a Cup and there isn't a whole lotta time to be hanging around as a top 5 team in the NHL as you wait for a so so goalie to find more talent.

My concern is they will continue to ice a face punching energy guy like Brown, and fringe no offense players because they provide energy.

We need a skill player like Donskoi

I also hope Mueller gets a full year in the NHL or NHL playing top 4 minutes. Bottom pair minutes will not help him grow as much. And I hope if either Tennyson or Demelo does not step up for that right handed 6th Dman spot, they pull the trigger on a righty they can count on.

Right now, we have a logjam of awesome forward prospects. Enough that some could be trade bait if needs be.

The team can ice:

Hertl/Thornton/Pavelski

Marleau/Couture/Donskoi

Wingels/Tierney/Ward

Karlsson/Smith/Nieto

On the sidelines we have Torres(Who probably never plays again given his knee), Brown and Goodrow. Donskoi impresses the hell out of me with his active stick on the PK, skating and overall game. IMO, give him 9 games at LEAST because he will be better than any of the 3 sidelined guys.

Realistically, Hertl could center his own line, bumping Tierney to 4th line(Both play better as centers than Wingers). Smith plays better as Wing anyways(And can take faceoffs from wing like Pavelski does) and Karlsson had some good vibes with Pavelski/Jumbo last season.

Waiting in the weeds are Goldobin, Meier, Jevpalovs for offensively talented forwards. For well rounded forwards, Chartier, Carpenter and For defensively talented, but not much offensively, Emanuelsson and Noah Rod are both Kruger mold 4th liners who are experts defensively.

No excuse for playing Brown or Goodrow with this group. Goodrow is good in a pinch if you don't want to burn another ELC, but he has stone hands. It is not an accident Tierney started scoring a storm up when put with more talented players like Nieto, Wingels and Hertl, but could not do much stuck with John Scott and Brown and Goodrow on the 4th line.

On Defense, the Martin/Burns pairing looked STELLAR. Vlasic/Braun can shut down almost anyone. Leaving Dillon/ one of Mueller on his off side, Tennyson or Demelo.

In the system are Jeremy Roy and Julius Bergman and whoever above who does not make the team.

We don't have much in net in the system and we don't need to since Jones is going to win the Vezina and is young :)

This year looks like the most promising team I have ever seen the Sharks ice. My concern is they ice it properly.

Updated: Hertl DOES have his own line now. So far I am pleased with it. Happy as a clam Sharks play the caps tonight. Finally a game on early enough for me to watch.

Still hate that Brown is playing. but at least Torres eliminated himself from the equation

Archived