2015-16 Washington Capitals: Unleash the Fury!

Unleashed Fury

The champs have nothing on the Capitals tonight. The Caps put together a great offensive attack from beginning to the end of the game. The defense was solid tonight blocking shots right and left which help Braden Holtby out a lot. Holtby was also tremendous stopping 26 of 27 shots. The Caps that scored goals tonight were Oshie, Ovechkin, Carlson,and Niskanen.

My player of the game is: John Carlson who scored his 1st goal of the year and also added an assist. He also was a +1 and was on the ice the longest except for Holtby. Carlson skated just over 25 minutes tonight.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The champs have nothing on the Capitals tonight. The Caps put together a great offensive attack from beginning to the end of the game. The defense was solid tonight blocking shots right and left which help Braden Holtby out a lot. Holtby was also tremendous stopping 26 of 27 shots. The Caps that scored goals tonight were Oshie, Ovechkin, Carlson,and Niskanen.

My player of the game is: John Carlson who scored his 1st goal of the year and also added an assist. He also was a +1 and was on the ice the longest except for Holtby. Carlson skated just over 25 minutes tonight.

That goal he scored was a beauty too. Great job holding the puck in, not to mention a great no look shot!

Next up for the Capitals is the last of the 4 game home stand that opened the season against the Carolina Hurricanes are off to a rough 0-3 start. The Hurricanes will also be on the 2nd of a two game road back to back.They also have two very shaky goalies in Cam Ward and Eddie Lack. It really seems like the cards are stacked against the Canes, but you never know in hockey and that is why you lace them up.

I agree, that was total B.S.. Sure Jay Beagle was blocking the Goalies view of the shot, but he did not even give the goalie a bump or anything. Tonight may not be the night for the Caps. First, Ovie is out of the game and now this call.
just want to give you a belated welcome aboard!

Thanks. Oh No!!! A Penguins fan. :)

Your team is struggling out of the gate a bit.

yea they are! I there is a problem in the locker room that no one is speaking of! When I looked at your screen name I thought it said release Fleury!

Hahaha Yeah I don't think that is a move the Penguins are going to make anytime soon.[/quote I'm praying it happens soon!

Do the Penguins have another Goalie in the minors that is really good and ready? I hope you're not hanging your hopes on backup Goalie Jeff Zatkoff who basically is a career minor leaguer.

Major Weather Alert In the D.C. Area!!!!!!!

A hurricane has been sighted heading for the D.C. area. Everyone in the Washington D.C. area should board up their windows, seal their doors, and take shelter in the baseme.....

Wait this is only a Carolina Hurricane coming to town. Only a category 1 hurricane because they have only won 1 game. That is something an Ovechkin, Oshie, Carlson, Kuznetsov, and Holtby can easily take care of.

Great, pretty much dominating performance by the Capitals offense and also a great job from the defense and Holtby. 4-1 victory which could have been way more if it wasn't for the fantastic net play by Cam Ward.

My player of the game tonight is....... Nicklas Backstrom who had a goal and 2 assists.

The Capitals now head out to Western Canada on a 3 game road trip that starts in Calgary on Tuesday 10/20.

Caps hope to do some stampeding tonight in Calgary.

The Capitals head out on their first road trip of the year and head out to Western Canada to take on the Calgary Flames to start. The Flames even though they're off to a slow start have a pretty talented team so the Capitals need to have their "A" game on. In the nets for both teams looks like definitely will be Karri Ramo for Calgary and most likely Braden Holtby for Washington although that has not been confirmed yet.

At the 1st Intermission the game is all knotted up a 1 goal a piece. The Flames opened the scoring with Monahan getting the puck by Holtby early in the period. The Capitals tied the game up with the first goal by Burakovsky from a fantastic blind pass from Kuznetsov.

A fantastic way to start this road trip by stampeding all over the Calgary Flames with an offensive onslaught. You could really tell the Calgary Flames have barely any confidence in their goalies right now and just which one of the three step up. Well that certainly didn't happen tonight as the Capitals both peppered Ramo & Hiller with shots and goals.

My Capitals player of the game is: Evgeny "Koozie" Kuznetsov who had 3 helpers tonight and one of them was a magical pass.

A fantastic way to start this road trip by stampeding all over the Calgary Flames with an offensive onslaught. You could really tell the Calgary Flames have barely any confidence in their goalies right now and just which one of the three step up. Well that certainly didn't happen tonight as the Capitals both peppered Ramo & Hiller with shots and goals.

My Capitals player of the game is: Evgeny "Koozie" Kuznetsov who had 3 helpers tonight and one of them was a magical pass.

I dont know the general perception of K uznestovs capabilities among caps fans. But I believe he has the talent to be a ppg player. Also an entertaining player to watch.

@JagerMeister He definitely was exciting to watch yesterday. The way he dishes the puck to others is amazing sometimes. The first goal yesterday by Burakovsky the pass from Koozie was just an amazing no look pass. It was beautiful. I know the NHL Network will show it in their highlights of the game.

Capitals head into Vancouver and will try to keep this Canada West Coast trip perfect with a Win versus the Canucks. It will be Holtby versus Miller tonight. Both of the goalies are on my fantasy team, but I am benching Miller because I think Holtby has the better game. The Caps offense is starting to click so all teams need to watch out.

All I can say is I love having Alex Ovechkin on my team. He is most definitely the most prolific scorer in the game right now. Braden Holtby in the nets was pretty decent as well stopping 23-25 shots. This was a huge team effort though as every Washington Capitals on that bench that hit the ice played 110% to keep the road trip perfect so far. Today the have the 2nd game of a back to back road contests which are very hard even though it is in Edmonton they can not take this team lightly tonight. Philipp Grubauer will be in the nets for the 1st time this season tonight.

My player of this game tonight goes to: Jay Beagle who had a Goal and an Assist.

Very impressive run by the Washington Capitals so far this season.

Aside from the blowout at the hands of the SJ Sharks, they have taken care of business in all facets of the game to this point in the season.

This keeps up, and Braden Holtby may once again be that darkhorse Vezina candidate NO one really talks about....but should.

I felt he was underrated by many last season as well.....large shadow Montreal's Carey Price is casting these days after all.

Offense, defense, special teams....you name it, the Caps are doing it right.

And their current Western Canadian road trip? Very well done so far. Will see how they fare tonight in Edmonton, but these Canada West trips almost always have a back to back game in them, plus the travel, and USUALLY, at least one maybe two teams in Western Canada are playing well....so these trips are hardly ever "easy". 

Washington making it look like it to this point.

The Oilers have seemingly picked things up in recent games, are rested at home and waiting on Washington....should provide a good test for the Caps who will be competing on the back to back. If I am not mistaken, Oilers special teams have looked especially good, so beware Capitals on that.

Ovechkin, Backstrom (back from surgery), Oshie, John Carlson, and of course, Braden Holtby, all playing as advertised.

This team SHOULD be in contention, along with the Rangers and Isles for the top of the division all season long.

I hope the Caps pick up someone who can play 3rd line defense minutes with either Orlov or Schmidt later this season. Someone like Gleason (hopefully a little better though) they had last year, a solid stay at home defenseman for the playoffs. I think 2 young guys, especially Orlov, who's just getting back into hockey could definitely be our weakness.

Also, I'm hoping Carrick comes up soon, possibly later this season, or next. I watched him play, and he seems almost like Klingberg over in Dallas. Not the biggest guy, but very smooth skater, and good with the puck.

Btw, haha people can say what they want about Ovi being lazy and what-not, but if you score a goal every game, you're a pretty damn good player ;)

Other than that, I'm really happy with the way our team has played. Hopefully we can keep it going tonight against the Oilers and McJesus!

Archived