Game #10 - Flyers at Sabres - Oct 30 2015 - 7:00

brelic

Macdonald - probably a buyout because of how long that contract is (I get angry just talking about it again).

Yeah, I've hated this since the deal was made. Wasted draft picks, wasted cap space, wasted rsoter spot...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not very cap savy, but you're saying they can wait 2 more seasons to completely remove the cap hit or they can cut ties now but they'll still have a smaller cap hit for a longer period of time? Depending on what those numbers are, that might not be a good idea.

That's exactly right. So we can tough it out with a crap team for another year and if we buy out VLC and/or Umberger their cap hits are two years shorter next season than buying them out now kind of thing.

I'm not a guy that believes that playing young guys at a lower level of competition under worse coaching helps development. I'd be a lot happier if they were losing 7-6 because of rookie mistakes rather them losing 3-1 because they aren't talented enough.

Did you see that koneckny play the other night? I want to see him attempt that in the NHL. Either he'll learn that it doesnt work, or if it does work, we'll have something to be excited about.

Also, an infusion of youth can lift a team to play better than they actually are. It's so stale right now.

You can also destroy a kids confidence by throwing him in against tougher competition...and it doesn't hurt guys like Konecny (or Giroux, or Ghost) to have the chance to get stronger, and wiser, before going up against the pros. 

Archived