LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2015-2016

pilldoc

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I'll say this - they continue to play him, the better he's going to get. He's one of those guys who just thrives on playing a ton.

And not trying to come off as smart ass as this sounds but really who doesn't?? I can't think of anyone who gets better NOT PLAYING. So let's keep rolling with him and give Labarbera the odd start here and there or the 2nd game in back to backs. But this kid needs to play. This team needs him to play because with Labarbera giving up 4 goals a night they certainly won't win many games.

Just check his record he has played in 4 games he just won his first and is 1-3 4.48 gaa and a 847%----YIKES!

Stolarz is 3-2 1.82 gaa 920%. I know who i'd want as my starter. And don't hand me you need to keep him fresh in case they need him on the big club crap(not talking to you BC but anyone who thinks this) if they have to play him up there no matter they are screwed. Phantoms need some wins and they need the playoffs...for the kid's and their confidence.

And not trying to come off as smart ass as this sounds but really who doesn't?? I can't think of anyone who gets better NOT PLAYING. So let's keep rolling with him and give Labarbera the odd start here and there or the 2nd game in back to backs. But this kid needs to play. This team needs him to play because with Labarbera giving up 4 goals a night they certainly won't win many games.

Just check his record he has played in 4 games he just won his first and is 1-3 4.48 gaa and a 847%----YIKES!

Stolarz is 3-2 1.82 gaa 920%. I know who i'd want as my starter. And don't hand me you need to keep him fresh in case they need him on the big club crap(not talking to you BC but anyone who thinks this) if they have to play him up there no matter they are screwed. Phantoms need some wins and they need the playoffs...for the kid's and their confidence.

No offense taken. I should have said that Stolarz is a Curtis Joseph type of goaltender in that he thrives on playing tons and doesn't tire very easily. The other thing to remember about Stolarz ( and what is really impressive) is that he didn't starry playing hockey until 10 and didn't have a goaltending coach tho work with until he got to London. The raw skill is there, it's just a matter of refinement and yes, he needs to play 50 to 55 games in Lehigh Valley this year.

No offense taken. I should have said that Stolarz is a Curtis Joseph type of goaltender in that he thrives on playing tons and doesn't tire very easily. The other thing to remember about Stolarz ( and what is really impressive) is that he didn't starry playing hockey until 10 and didn't have a goaltending coach tho work with until he got to London. The raw skill is there, it's just a matter of refinement and yes, he needs to play 50 to 55 games in Lehigh Valley this year.

I agree he is all they have right now and if they treat him as a potential star maybe he will flourish. I wish they had another younger vet type with some slight upside than Labarbera but maybe it's a good thing...i think the more playing time he gets Stolarz will shine and it will be a no brainer to Gordon if he truly wants to win the he needs to go with him.

Once Hagg gets back healthy he will have a damn good blue line in front of him and the wins should start coming. Hagg will more than likely take Petersson's spot maybe next weekend he is reportedly skating now. So Gordon needs to ice the best squad i want to see this club return to the playoffs they need it bad for their growth.

The Calder Cup win for the young Flyers Carter, Richie, R.J., Joni, Seidenberg, Sharp and Nitty was a huge step in the growth and i want the same for these young cubs.

Oh how could i leave off the infamous Jon Sim and Riley Cote!!!  :ph34r:

I think in a couple of weeks we'll know where some of these prospects stand once Marti gets some playing time and is acclimated and is in game shape if he is the 1st call up to help this sad blue line it will tell you what they think of Alt.

He'll be the Jason Akeson of the Phantom blueline and sent packing to another club after this year.

I hope Marti can bring this cannon to the Phantoms

Lord knows they need it.

I think in a couple of weeks we'll know where some of these prospects stand once Marti gets some playing time and is acclimated and is in game shape if he is the 1st call up to help this sad blue line it will tell you what they think of Alt.

He'll be the Jason Akeson of the Phantom blueline and sent packing to another club after this year.

I hope Marti can bring this cannon to the Phantoms

Lord knows they need it.

Jason Akeson isn't an NHLer, so what's your point?

Jason Akeson isn't an NHLer, so what's your point?

Exactly and how did he spend in the system to find he isn't an NHLer?? So it would nice to know if Alt is too....that way if he isn't they can just let him walk after this year like Akeson.

So with this shitty blue line what better way to know if he can play than to waive Manning and call his ass up time is a wasting he is 24 let's make it happen pronto tonto!

PHI.png
Davis Drewiske

Has been recalled from the AHL.

Nov 4, 2015 - 12:39 pm

Source

Like this is gonna make a world of difference.......

Phantoms actually get Marti and Hagg back this weekend so even with Drewskie gone they have 8 Dmen. I'd like to see the Phantoms clamp down and try to make up some of the points that separate them from W/B Scranton Pens who sit at 1st in their division at 7-1 and 14 pts.

LV is 4-5 with 8pts but they have plenty of season left and long as they start stacking some wins. They have dealt with early injuries and haven't had their Captain since the 1st game. Cousins should be close to come back too.

Exactly and how did he spend in the system to find he isn't an NHLer?? So it would nice to know if Alt is too....that way if he isn't they can just let him walk after this year like Akeson.

So with this shitty blue line what better way to know if he can play than to waive Manning and call his ass up time is a wasting he is 24 let's make it happen pronto tonto!

Can't really compare forwards to defense in terms of development. Defenseman take longer. However, a reason why Alt may not have been re-called is because he simply won't be playing. Drewiske is an extra body in case something happens on the rest of the road trip.

Alt has looked pretty good so far so my guess is he will get his shot along with Gostisbehere. Just not yet.

Defenseman take longer. However, a reason why Alt may not have been re-called is because he simply won't be playing

Well he can't for cap reasons right now they don't have the space.

Drewiske is an extra body in case something happens on the rest of the road trip.

Well from reports i have seen Manning is sitting and Drewskie is playing he would have been sat already if Medvedev hadn't been hurt so he had to play considering the only extra player was LW Conner.

David Strehle ‏@DStrehleTFP  6h6 hours ago
Newly recalled defender Davis Drewiske will wear #43 with #Flyers.

After Mannings last two games i will be shocked if he don't sit he has been horrible.

Manning isn't an NHL defenseman. The only reason he made the team was because he had decent camp and is on a cheap contract

It would not surprise me if Drewiske takes the #7 spot here (for a bit at least) and Manning is waived 

Manning isn't an NHL defenseman.

Amen to that and we've seen that and many of of Flyer fans have come to the same conclusion it's why we said waive him and send him back to the Phantoms. But most of us don't watch the Phantoms so we couldn't make a call...even still they need to play in the NHL most times to know.

Now all i'm asking is the same be afforded Alt....so we'll know more than likely if he can help/there is something there with him or no we can send him back and move on is all. Evaluation so to speak...the eyeball test.

Archived