Game #23 - Predators at Flyers - Nov 27 2015 - 3:00 ET

brelic

Meltzer's write up: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Gameday-112715-vs-NSH/45/72818

Key team stat comparisons (NHL overall ranking)

Non-shootout goals per game: Flyers 1.73 (30th), Predators 2.57 (16th)
Non-shootout goals against per game: Flyers 2.82 (22nd), Predators 2.48 (9th)
5-on-5 Goals For/Against Ratio: Flyers 23/33, Predators 37/31
Power play efficiency: Flyers 15.9% (23rd), Predators 17.6% (21st)
Penalty killing efficiency: Flyers 79.8% (17th), Predators 80.3% (15th)
Shots per game: Flyers 30.0 (13th), Predators 30.5 (9th)
Shots against per game: Flyers 33.1 (29th), Predators 27.2 (3rd)
Faceoff percentage: Flyers 50.3% (14th), Predators 48.7% (23rd)

Projected lineups (based on last game, will be updated)

Flyers

12 Michael Raffl - 28 Claude Giroux - 10 Brayden Schenn
24 Matt Read - 14 Sean Couturier - 17 Wayne Simmonds
76 Chris VandeVelde - 78 Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - 93 Jakub Voracek
52 Nick Cousins - 21 Scott Laughton - 36 Colin McDonald

15 Michael Del Zotto - 3 Radko Gudas
55 Nick Schultz - 22 Luke Schenn 
23 Brandon Manning - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere

35 Steve Mason
[30 Michal Neuvirth]

Scratches: Evgeny Medvedev (healthy, may return to lineup), Vincent Lecavalier (healthy scratch), R.J. Umberger (foot), Mark Streit (LTIR, displaced pubic plate), Ryan White (IR, suspected shoulder injury), Sam Gagner (lacerations near left eye). 

Predators

9 Filip Forsberg - 63 Mike Ribeiro - 18 James Neal
33 Colin Wilson - 12 Mike Fisher - 15 Craig Smith
57 Gabriel Bourque - 19 Calle Järnkrok - 11 Cody Hodgson
24 Eric Nystrom - 84 Colton Sissons - 51 Austin Watson

59 Roman Josi - 6 Shea Weber
5 Barret Jackman - 3 Seth Jones
14 Mattias Ekholm - 4 Ryan Ellis

35 Pekka Rinne
[30 Carter Hutton]

Scratches: Victor Bartley (healthy), Anthony Bitetto (healthy), Paul Gaustad (upper body), Miikka Salomäki (IR).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evgeny Medvedev

This guys needs to be put back into the lineup. They need more skill on the backend. This is getting ridiculous. He needs to play now he has watched enough and i have watched enough of Schultz shitting the bed in his own end.

What is the worst that can happen they continue to lose?? At least get him some experience while it's happening.

Raffle deserves to be back on the first line due to his amazing play last few games.

Medvedev was the first or second best defensman when he was playing, so he deserves to be benched.

Why is schenn on the first line? That sort of offensive talent deserves to be benched.

Why isn't couts up on the first line? That play where there was no goalie defending his net, and he got slashed, and instead of pursuing the puck, he drifted to the ref to complain, and the islanders scored in the empty net, that should be rewarded with a first line spot. Simmonds should be right up with him for doing the same thing earlier in the game.

Medvedev was the first or second best defensman when he was playing

You thought so? I really didn't. He was mediocre. A lot of smart plays. A lot of mistakes. And some downright terrible brainfarts.

I do think he should be in over Manning, but there must be something about him Hakstol doesn't like, or he's injured.

You thought so? I really didn't. He was mediocre. A lot of smart plays. A lot of mistakes. And some downright terrible brainfarts.

I do think he should be in over Manning, but there must be something about him Hakstol doesn't like, or he's injured.

At the time, I thought he was. Streit was probably ahead of him but that was about it. Since then, I think the defense has settled in a little bit. Ghost is great, MDZ is ok, Gudas brings a needed element of the game, and schenn had been quiet in a good way. Medvedev could replace manning or shultz if I was chosing the linups.

It's a little bit of sarcasm. Hak is getting on my nerves with his lineup decisions.

Well he needs to be in the lineup...he is one guy who can inject some skill on the backend...and he sure can't be worse in his own zone that some of the stiffs they have now. PLAY HIM!!!

Nice shot on goal by MDV glad to see him back in the lineup.

Nice goal by Colin!

MDV?

It's still a toss up until they finish a game off instead of desperately struggling in the final 10 minutes of the 3rd.

It was nice to see him finally score one. Del Zotto that is. MDV has played well in his return. Him and Ghost look good and very mobile.

Ghost is the D-man they've needed since Pronger went down.

Archived