OT wins this year

Poulin20

One stat that I found remarkable last night was the number of OT wins the Flyers had this season.  (I think it is up to 7 after this win now?)  In my opinion this in large part has to do with 3 on 3 OT being introduced.  Can you imagine how much further down in the standings the Flyers would be if they had not moved to 3 on 3 and just kept the status quo with the Shootout?  (Flyers only have the 1 win this year in the SO).

While I despise Buttman's constant tinkering with the game this is one change that I do like as it has helped reduce the number of times we have had to suffer through the gimmick.  Although 3 on 3 is a gimmick in its own right I have to say that (and not just because we have had success with it) it has been extremely exciting to see live and in person.  Plus it really has taken the edge off the inevitable SO loss that seemed to loom as soon as the clock hit 0:00 in a game tied in regulation.

It would probably kill us if we made the playoffs. Who was it a few years ago that made the playoffs because they had so many SO wins, and got demolished in the playoffs? Was it NJ?

56 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

It would probably kill us if we made the playoffs. Who was it a few years ago that made the playoffs because they had so many SO wins, and got demolished in the playoffs? Was it NJ?

I expect the lack of depth and scoring would kill us well before any OT weakness.

7 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I expect the lack of depth and scoring would kill us well before any OT weakness.

I don't think they lack depth at all.

Scoring/scorers??? for sure...sorely need someone who loves to fire it on net...sadly it seems most on the Flyers want to pass pass and pass...except Ghost that kid will blast it every chance he gets...Flyers need some forwards who want to do that as well.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't think they lack depth at all.

I do. :ahappy:

Don't get me wrong, there are things to like. I just don't think the current mix is enough for a run without getting considerably lucky. 

Archived