Flyer 2016 trade options....

OccamsRazor

based upon the Hextall STH interview, Jonathan Drouin will never wear the O/B while Hextall is the GM.  The guy talked at length about how much he admires PEB and his will to win and his willingness to play whatever role the team needs...  Drouin who won't "ride the buses" doesn't seem to fit the mold of the player Hextall covets because of the apparent lack of character. Regardless whether it is true or not, I can't see Hextall trading one of his draft picks for a potential problem.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

This question is for anyone familiar with said subject...

...can/could/has Yakupov played LW? I wonder if he'd be an option for a trade before the draft to try to plug in at LW?

Not saying i would just wonder if he has ever played LW. I know he is a felt hand shot. Just thinking a loud since there is much else to  talk about. I am concerned with his work ethics and the chance he could bolt to the KHL. 

And would he be any more riskier than Drouin? He may or may not be cheaper.

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And would he be any more riskier than Drouin? He may or may not be cheaper.

i think he would be.  riskier, that it.  potential character issues aside, it looks to me like there is a sizable chance that yakupov's game does not and will not translate well to the NHL.  a former 1st overall pick that has not, by age 23, through 4 seasons, hit 35 points....that should scare absolutely everyone away.  for comparison, sean couturier, NOT an offensive dynamo, has hit that mark 3 times, and is all of one year older.

drouin may or may not have serious character issues that may or may not cause he and his team ongoing problems.  we don't have any reason to doubt his ability to play the game, though.  on the other hand, i'm starting to think yakupov may not last much more than one more contract in the NHL.

2 minutes ago, aziz said:

i think he would be.  riskier, that it.  potential character issues aside, it looks to me like there is a sizable chance that yakupov's game does not and will not translate well to the NHL.  a former 1st overall pick that has not, by age 23, through 4 seasons, hit 35 points....that should scare absolutely everyone away.  for comparison, sean couturier, NOT an offensive dynamo, has hit that mark 3 times, and is all of one year older.

drouin may or may not have serious character issues that may or may not cause he and his team ongoing problems.  we don't have any reason to doubt his ability to play the game, though.  on the other hand, i'm starting to think yakupov may not last much more than one contract in the NHL.

Good point. It is risky that is why if i was to even do it...it would be for not very much in return. I should have done more research before just asking. Yak is older and is only signed for next year at 2.5mill and Drouin is signed for like 890K next year.

So Drouin would be the better option yet would also cost more...................so i just say no on both....so basically answered my own question.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 6:42 PM, flyercanuck said:
21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:
21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Good point. It is risky that is why if i was to even do it...it would be for not very much in return. I should have done more research before just asking. Yak is older and is only signed for next year at 2.5mill and Drouin is signed for like 890K next year.

So Drouin would be the better option yet would also cost more...................so i just say no on both....so basically answered my own question.

It never hurts to ask about a player you know? I am glade you asked because I was wondering about Yakupov myself and these replies put it to rest for me on what kind of player he is and what to expect out of him. So good post man that clears up questions for me also.

Archived