Flyer 2016 trade options....

OccamsRazor

...fans trade thoughts/suggestions at or before the deadline.

No mentioning of Bufuglien are allowed....posters who do will be REPORTED!!!! ;)

So i also might as well the obvious out the way with Mcdud and RJ whom i think they are stuck with. Not gonna happen.

So i think it will Streit for sure. I'd like to see Schultz as well.

Also i could see maybe Raffl, Medvedev and even White moved out to get ready for next year for a youth movement. These 3 are UFAs and would make good rentals.

Those 3 could also be resigned too.

Brayden i would move if wowed with an offer. Gudas i think gets resigned but also could be out the door for the right return.

Also Weal requiring waivers could be an option to be moved again if he can't bump someone out the lineup.

Read also signed for the next 2 years after this has a very good moveable contract as well. Flyers are pretty deep at RW so i could see them making room here too.

2 of the biggest factors in this are the Flyers playoff position and where Hexy thinks their replacemnt is in their development.

Anyways feel free to add thoughts or even put the trades that go down here if you like.

And for the new folks here...he reported part is just a running joke here...peace!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the same boat as you

No one is going to take Umberger or MacDonald. I think we may be able to move Umberger is the off-season if we retain 50%. Schultz is another one that we may have to wait to move

I doubt Streit has any value right now since we can't retain any salary and he's got another year left on his contract. 

Raffl, Medvedev and White should all be moved if we get a nice offer. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing any of them back either if the price is right

I'd try to move Read for sure

Playoff position or not, Hextall for be making moves for the future 

I think only Streit will be moved. I don't see anyone wanting Schultz, and I think Raffl, MDV, and White will all be around for a couple more years at least. McDud will eventually be bought out, and we'll have Umberger until his contract runs out.

17 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I think only Streit will be moved. I don't see anyone wanting Schultz, and I think Raffl, MDV, and White will all be around for a couple more years at least. McDud will eventually be bought out, and we'll have Umberger until his contract runs out.

Like RJ said Schultz and RJ maybe after the season because they are at their limit of 3 on picking up salary. But after the season when Vinny retires they will get the 3 chances back. 

I have to think Alt will be resigned and penciled into next years lineup like Manning was this year. It's now or never for him. I'd love to see Hagg be there but after being a healthy scratch todag for the Phantoms it seems he is going through some growing pains. So another year of AHL time may do him some good.

I expect Morin and Hagg by January of next year to make Hexy seriously think about making room for them. But if not it won't be the end of the world. Dmen take time.

I could see Leier and Cousins being penciled in as Raffl and White's replacements. Martel  could push someone else out too he is having a heck of a year. All good news!!!

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Like RJ said Schultz and RJ maybe after the season because they are at their limit of 3 on picking up salary. But after the season when Vinny retires they will get the 3 chances back. 

I have to think Alt will be resigned and penciled into next years lineup like Manning was this year. It's now or never for him. I'd love to see Hagg be there but after being a healthy scratch todag for the Phantoms it seems he is going through some growing pains. So another year of AHL time may do him some good.

I expect Morin and Hagg by January of next year to make Hexy seriously think about making room for them. But if not it won't be the end of the world. Dmen take time.

I could see Leier and Cousins being penciled in as Raffl and White's replacements. Martel  could push someone else out too he is having a heck of a year. All good news!!!

Maybe. That seems like a lot of movement though. Raffl and White are playing well enough to merit roster spots without commanding a ton of money come signing time. That's pretty valuable in a cap world. They also likely wouldn't net a great return in trades. I think the best option would be to keep them around until the kids are ready to make an actual run.

That said, I don't much like Raffl. I think he does some things very well, but he's being asked to do too much too often. He shouldn't be a top six guy, but he'd be a solid bottom six I think. The same goes for White really. Depth is so hugely important in today's game. Our current bottom six just doesn't cut it.

Cousins and Leier will get another shot next year, but probably more as call ups and what not. They'll be given a longer look when a trade comes around, not to mention when Umberger is gone.

5 minutes ago, elmatus said:

. Raffl and White are playing well enough to merit roster spots without commanding a ton of money come signing time. That's pretty valuable in a cap world.

Sure but they are both UFAs relatively young. Depends on how many years they want and how many year the Flyers want to devote to them. Plus them being able to be signed to new deals will determine weather they are traded to...sure they could be kept till the end of the season or Hexy may want to take what ever he can for them instead of letting them walk for free. I'm not saying what they will do one way or the other just pointing out what may happen.

9 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Cousins and Leier will get another shot next year, but probably more as call ups and what not

Or later in this year....still plenty of time for injuries and up and downs and struggles...it could be sooner than later. Just pointing out what may happen...i don't have a crystal ball.

gypsy oil prices crystal ball fortune teller clairvoyant

Or do i............:cool[1]:

Streit is most likely to be traded, he has about 2 months to show that the surgery has not affected his game, he is still a very good offensive player and a playoff  bound team is always looking for a defenseman at the deadline. We should have no problem getting at least a second round pick or solid prospect for him.  Look at what we got for Timmo, who hadn't played , was absolutely at the end of his career and had a serious medical issue. Streit still has a few years left,so let's hope teams will overpay as they did for Timmo and Coburn.

I expect Streit and Schultz to be moved. Some might say Schultz has no value, but he's a perfect bottom pairing defenseman who will give you a good 15 to 17 minutes a night. If Nik Grossmann got moved, Schultz can be moved. There's no reason a guy like Schultz can't land the team a 3rd round pick. As for Streit, once he gets his legs back underneath him and he starts generating offense again, teams will inquire about him, especially if he gets hot before the trade deadline. If he can bring a Timonen-like return, that would be excellent too. RJ could possibly be moved, but it's going to require a team that has cap space to take him and it's going to require a sweetner (in the form of a 2nd round pick). MacDonald and Gagne are pretty much banished to Lehigh Valley, so I can't see anyone taking a chance on them. Medvedev could possibly get moved, but honestly, I think it would have to be a deal that knocks Hextall's socks off in order to move him.

I still think there's going to be a big move coming and I really think Simmonds' days are numbered. There's been a lot of smoke with regards to his name and usually where there's smoke, there's fire. I'm not an advocate of moving Simmonds, but if the Flyers can get two legitimate prospects and a draft pick for him, I'd be OK with that. For instance, the Panthers have expressed interest in Simmonds. It would require overpayment, but if a package of Reilly Smith, Lawson Crouse and a draft pick can get it done, I'd certainly like to the see the Flyers consider it.

4 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Medvedev could possibly get moved, but honestly, I think it would have to be a deal that knocks Hextall's socks off in order to move him.

Yes this off season before anyone is moved and the cap goes up i think the Flyers will have around 14 million in cap space.

Two guys they will try to get signed will be Medvedev (that i think will be worked before the deadline or he could be moved) and Brayden Schenn. Top priorities. But like MDV Brayden could be the BIG move you're talking about too.

7 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm not an advocate of moving Simmonds, but if the Flyers can get two legitimate prospects and a draft pick for him, I'd be OK with that. For instance, the Panthers have expressed interest in Simmonds. It would require overpayment, but if a package of Reilly Smith, Lawson Crouse and a draft pick can get it done

I don't want to move Simmer but a package like to the Panthers would start with Crouse....and then some.

I really can't see anyone being interested in Streit right now, especially since we can't retain salary. He's not what playoff bound teams are looking for in a defenseman. He's got another pricey year left, he's not good defensively, and he's looked slow since he came back. The extra year on his deal is what will kill any trade this season IMO

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes this off season before anyone is moved and the cap goes up i think the Flyers will have around 14 million in cap space.

Two guys they will try to get signed will be Medvedev (that i think will be worked before the deadline or he could be moved) and Brayden Schenn. Top priorities. But like MDV Brayden could be the BIG move you're talking about too.

I don't want to move Simmer but a package like to the Panthers would start with Crouse....and then some.

Yeah, I'm not sure what Schenn could bring back though. The guy has been bounced around and up and down the line up like a hooker's pants on pay day that I don't know what kind of value he has. If he can get on track playing alongside Couturier and if he can start scoring regularly, there could be some interest. I'd prefer to keep him though and just let him and Coots form a duo. It's clear they have good chemistry together and Schenn is becoming a real effective winger on the right side.

Agreed about the Panthers. If there's a deal there, everything HAS to start with Crouse and move from there.

One other name that should be mentioned with regards to possible trade bait - Matt Read. I know the Flames were hot for him in the past, so I'm wondering if a deal could be worked there. Maybe something around Morgan Klimchuk (who looks to be having a pretty rough start to his pro career in the AHL, but has the talent and upside to recover really well and would probably look good alongside Cousins) and a draft pick.

3 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The guy has been bounced around and up and down the line up like a hooker's pants on pay day that I don't know what kind of value he has. If he can get on track playing alongside Couturier and if he can start scoring regularly, there could be some interest. I'd prefer to keep him though and just let him and Coots form a duo. It's clear they have good chemistry together and Schenn is becoming a real effective winger on the right side.

this.  the kid finally has some stability and he's been good every time he's wound up on the ice with 14...how about we keep them and have 2 solid NHL lines...amirite ?

3 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Morgan Klimchuk

I would do a Klimchuk for Read but i'd want a little more maybe a 3rd round pick.

Read has a sweet contract for 3.6 mill for two more years after this one and like him or not now if you prorate the lockout shortened season he is a 2 time 20 goal scorer. So i would need more back. Flyer need stock at LW.

9 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

this.  the kid finally has some stability and he's been good every time he's wound up on the ice with 14...how about we keep them and have 2 solid NHL lines...amirite ?

Sure they would have to wow me to move him. He seems to be coming around i don't want a Patrick Sharp part 2! 

He and Coots are tied for 3rd in goals (9) on the team so i want to see them continue to grow. I certainly don't want to have spent all this time watering this flower only to see it bloom for someone else.

3 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I expect Streit and Schultz to be moved. Some might say Schultz has no value, but he's a perfect bottom pairing defenseman who will give you a good 15 to 17 minutes a night. If Nik Grossmann got moved, Schultz can be moved. There's no reason a guy like Schultz can't land the team a 3rd round pick. As for Streit, once he gets his legs back underneath him and he starts generating offense again, teams will inquire about him, especially if he gets hot before the trade deadline. If he can bring a Timonen-like return, that would be excellent too. RJ could possibly be moved, but it's going to require a team that has cap space to take him and it's going to require a sweetner (in the form of a 2nd round pick). MacDonald and Gagne are pretty much banished to Lehigh Valley, so I can't see anyone taking a chance on them. Medvedev could possibly get moved, but honestly, I think it would have to be a deal that knocks Hextall's socks off in order to move him.

I still think there's going to be a big move coming and I really think Simmonds' days are numbered. There's been a lot of smoke with regards to his name and usually where there's smoke, there's fire. I'm not an advocate of moving Simmonds, but if the Flyers can get two legitimate prospects and a draft pick for him, I'd be OK with that. For instance, the Panthers have expressed interest in Simmonds. It would require overpayment, but if a package of Reilly Smith, Lawson Crouse and a draft pick can get it done, I'd certainly like to the see the Flyers consider it.

What about Shattenkirk in St.Louis, rumours are St.Louis may trade him to get offence, he's a right-handed defenseman.

2 hours ago, Lindbergh31 said:

What about Shattenkirk in St.Louis, rumours are St.Louis may trade him to get offence, he's a right-handed defenseman.

St. Louis is also in a cash crunch. The word is that they want young talent on cheap contacts for Shattenkirk. If St. Louis would do a Shattenkirk for Simmonds trade, that would allow the Flyers to move one Of their top defensive prospects and get an elite left wing prospect. 

19 hours ago, RJ8812 said:

I'm in the same boat as you

No one is going to take Umberger or MacDonald. I think we may be able to move Umberger is the off-season if we retain 50%. Schultz is another one that we may have to wait to move

I doubt Streit has any value right now since we can't retain any salary and he's got another year left on his contract. 

Raffl, Medvedev and White should all be moved if we get a nice offer. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing any of them back either if the price is right

I'd try to move Read for sure

Playoff position or not, Hextall for be making moves for the future 

-RE: Umberger or MacDonald.... That's what we said about Vinny.

-Streit is highly moveable.  Especially to a team like Florida , Arizona or Nashville who have a lot of cap space and is looking like a playoff push contender.  If Hextall doesn't move Streit, it's going to be because Hextall isn't ready to move Streit.  

-I'd be surprised if White is moved, he's a favorite.  Raffl could be if Hextall expects to be able to move Konecney to wing next season.  Otherwise I expect them to make a play to keep Raffl.  Especially as long as the Coots line is clicking.  

-Schenn.  The last Schenn Standing.  Do they pull the trigger on him or is the cow producing enough milk to buy it?  This is a question I have.  

7 hours ago, RJ8812 said:

I really can't see anyone being interested in Streit right now, especially since we can't retain salary. He's not what playoff bound teams are looking for in a defenseman. He's got another pricey year left, he's not good defensively, and he's looked slow since he came back. The extra year on his deal is what will kill any trade this season IMO

If I'm a Florida, Arizona or Nashville type team who is looking playoff bound and has a lot of cap room, I'm totally taking Streit off our hands.  Florida especially.  Those guys could seriously take a run.  Put Streit on your PP and you really help your special teams a lot.    

I said it above and I'll say it again.  If Hextall doesn't move Streit, it's because he wants to keep him or he thinks he'll get more for him later.  

17 minutes ago, King Knut said:

If Hextall doesn't move Streit, it's because he wants to keep him or he thinks he'll get more for him later.

I think the only way he doesn't move him is he doesn't like the return and would just keep him and revisit moving him at the draft or during the offseason. They need to make room on the blueline because i think Provorov will be a Flyer after next year's camp and preseason...i just feel the force is strong with this one.

7 hours ago, TedZep said:

Wow, you guys really want to blow up the team.  Trade all the things!

Nope. It's about moving contracts and bodies that no longer fit the blueprint of the team. If the Flyers move 3 bodies at the trade deadline and two at the draft, that works out great.

4 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Nope. It's about moving contracts and bodies that no longer fit the blueprint of the team. If the Flyers move 3 bodies at the trade deadline and two at the draft, that works out great.

That's it. Noone that is saw is advocating to blow it up. Some of are just stating the obvious move the older guys and the guy with bad contracts and the guys with decent ages and decent contracts (Simmer and Read) move them if you get an awesome deal. (and when i saw awesome deal i mean for a young  kid they could use like a Couse or Ritchie type). 

Noone said bring in an old has been ala Doan type. Rebuild with the future in mind while still striving for the playoffs.

I've never been high on Raffl, I thought it would be a total miracle if he recreated his 20 goals from last season, turns out I was right. I think he's moveable, but Streit should be the big move, and once a few other d-men come off the trade list, he might even be a sought after commodity. Depending on how things go at the deadline and who is there, a late 1st rounder might not be out of the question. I don't want any d-men back...it's time to test out Alt and see what he has, and decide on Mannings fate etc...and we need to make room for our d-men coming up also...so no d-men coming back.

Archived