How about the them Penguins!

18 minutes ago, Samifan said:

The way the Caps and Pens are head hunting, how long before Crosby takes a shot to the Melon Arena?

head shots have been ugly...   LeTang and Backstrom should get suspended.   

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

The way the Caps and Pens are head hunting, how long before Crosby takes a shot to the Melon Arena?

I am a Capitals fan and I wouldn't even want Crosby to get a head hit with his concussion issues. That could be really serious.

1 hour ago, Holtbeast said:

I am a Capitals fan and I wouldn't even want Crosby to get a head hit with his concussion issues. That could be really serious.

I am not suggesting I want to see him hurt, I am just surprised he hasn't ended up in someone's crosshairs they way this series is going.

Maybe players actually do have a little respect for each other out there. Tough to tell sometimes...

Just now, Samifan said:

I am not suggesting I want to see him hurt, I am just surprised he hasn't ended up in someone's crosshairs they way this series is going.

Maybe players actually do have a little respect for each other out there. Tough to tell sometimes...

I would hope they do. I imagine in the heat of the game somethings can go out the windows. I played Field Hockey and Lacrosse since I was little and in the later years I know during big games I let things get a bit out of control and I was the Goalie in both sports. Some of the field players were much worse.

The next game is going to be very interesting to watch.  I'm sure with what has transpired in the first three games, the NHL head of officiating is going to have a chat with the officials prior to the beginning of this game.   I expect a boat load of penalties in game 4 to try to calm things down(which in effect will just frustrate players and make it worse. But HEY, this IS the NHL).

The keys for the Penguins is to continue to get this outstanding play from Murray and somehow slow down the Capitals offense on the flurry of shots because sooner or later some of those will hit the back of the net.

The keys for the Capitals they must get on top first and get the crowd out of the game. The also need to play a more controlled game instead of this wild style of offense. Holtby also needs to be solid.

The Pens have to forecheck the heck out of the Capitals. Keep them on their side of the center ice line! Hopefully, Murray can keep playing well. If Fleury plays the Pens might as well forfeit, there is no game plan that will stop the Capitals from scoring 1 more goal than the Pens!

3 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

The Pens have to forecheck the heck out of the Capitals. Keep them on their side of the center ice line! Hopefully, Murray can keep playing well. If Fleury plays the Pens might as well forfeit, there is no game plan that will stop the Capitals from scoring 1 more goal than the Pens!

I don't see how the Penguins would even think to play Fleury unless something happens to Murray. That is crucial for the Penguins for sure. Playing tough in the neutral zone and keeping the puck in there zone is very important.

I'm not sure if the Capitals game plan would be similar. I guessing they would use their size to slow the Pens down, but shot quick passes and puck support may beat that game plan!

6 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

I'm not sure if the Capitals game plan would be similar. I guessing they would use their size to slow the Pens down, but shot quick passes and puck support may beat that game plan!

I really think last nights game was the best game the Capitals played in the playoffs so far and they came out on the short end mostly because of Murray and a few other things. They definitely need to keep the intensity up and pepper shots on Murray. They will rattle him if they get up early on him.

Hopefully the Pens won't let that happen! So far, the games that I have listen to, unlike Fleury, Murray has been handling a flurry (no pun intended) of shot with out a problem and not giving up a goal on a second and third shot. He, in my opinion has been playing like a seasoned veteran!

4 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

Hopefully the Pens won't let that happen! So far, the games that I have listen to, unlike Fleury, Murray has been handling a flurry (no pun intended) of shot with out a problem and not giving up a goal on a second and third shot. He, in my opinion has been playing like a seasoned veteran!

Murray has been outstanding and what is he 21 years old with literally zero playoff experience. Amazing.

I sure hope the Capitals can get off to a fast start because I think that will rattle Murray. The Caps need this game bad. They cannot go down 3-1.

3 hours ago, Holtbeast said:

Murray has been outstanding and what is he 21 years old with literally zero playoff experience. Amazing.

I sure hope the Capitals can get off to a fast start because I think that will rattle Murray. The Caps need this game bad. They cannot go down 3-1.

That's just it. Murray reportedly can't be rattled. I watched him give up three goals in the first half of the first period To a team like the Rangers, and then come back and shut them out the rest of the game earning a W.  That's the big write up on him is he's pretty much unshakable! 

7 hours ago, Polaris922 said:

That's just it. Murray reportedly can't be rattled. I watched him give up three goals in the first half of the first period To a team like the Rangers, and then come back and shut them out the rest of the game earning a W.  That's the big write up on him is he's pretty much unshakable! 

He still is inexperienced with what all of 6 playoff games under his belt. 1 game like that doesn't make for him to have ice in his veins. I still say if the Capitals get on top early it could mean some trouble for Murray plus it will get the crowd out of the game.

In my opinion the only way the Capitals win this series is if Marc Andre Fleury starts, come playoff time the Pens would be better off with an open net. Murray has been solid as he could be. Should the Capitals score first I believe the Pens would and could limit the number of shot taken by them though the play would be in there favor! I'm guessing the final will be 4-3 Pens.

1 hour ago, notfondajane said:

In my opinion the only way the Capitals win this series is if Marc Andre Fleury starts, come playoff time the Pens would be better off with an open net. Murray has been solid as he could be. Should the Capitals score first I believe the Pens would and could limit the number of shot taken by them though the play would be in there favor! I'm guessing the final will be 4-3 Pens.

If the Capitals score first and especially get up by 2 goals I don't see the Penguins winning this game tonight. There is definitely going to be a sense of urgency on the Capital part tonight and I think we will see that right from the beginning of the game. Also without the defense force of Letang in there for the Penguins that really has to play into the hands of the Capitals as well. Mattaa will also be out of course again which will also help the Capitals. I think the Capitals will take this game 3-1 tonight and head back to the Verizon center with the series tied at 2 and home ice advantage again.

4 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

Capitals win tonight only if Marc A ndre Fleury starts tonight. Final score if Murray starts 4-3 Pens. Capitals Might win game 5!

Not with the patchwork defense the Penguins are going to put out there tonight. Without Letang who is the glue to not only the defense but really the entire team and that is even over Sidney it is really going to be difficult. Murray is not going to be able to do it all himself with the defense the put out there tonight. Still say the Capitals get out to a 2 goal lead and hold it and win 3-1.

Well the Pens pulled out a 3-2 overtime win, to take a commanding 3-1 series lead!:biggrin: 

I'm hoping the Pens can close out this series with a game 5 win on Saturday! The Pens might give the Capitals a feel good win on Saturday, then close it out at the Concell energy center with a game 6 win.Personally I would want to close it out on  Saturday!

1 hour ago, notfondajane said:

Well the Pens pulled out a 3-2 overtime win, to take a commanding 3-1 series lead!:biggrin: 

I'm hoping the Pens can close out this series with a game 5 win on Saturday! The Pens might give the Capitals a feel good win on Saturday, then close it out at the Concell energy center with a game 6 win.Personally I would want to close it out on  Saturday!

Pens deserve a lot of credit... losing Letang and finding a way to win that game was impressive.  

Murray has been very good. Hopefully he won't end up being a Leighton 2.0 by allowing a weak and inexplicable goal from a bad angle in Overtime of Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals. ;)

37 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Pens deserve a lot of credit... losing Letang and finding a way to win that game was impressive.  

I totally agree! I thought the score was going to be a bit higher, with the lead changing a few times!

Archived