Pierre

blocker

I'm sure Pierre Mcguire knows a lot about NHL hockey.   But, I don't like to listen to interviews with him on the radio,  Those interviews are full of quotes such as "I had dinner with Scotty Bowman".  And claims such as Ottawa management calling him before hiring Guy Boucher.  Seems as if every other comment he makes is a name dropping self administered pat on his own back.

He's far from perfect, and i am pretty sure this aspect of his public persona coupled with his enthusiasm for Sidney Crosby are a big reason he's not too popular on our site in general.  However I never listen to him and think he is a bad ambassador for our sport.  He clearly loves the game and knows a great deal about the players and the system that gets the players to the NHL.  I think he is a good hockey man, even is he does go overboard with the self-aggrandizing. 

I do not like to watch him on the air.  Everybody is a "special player" and "not many in the league can - [insert action here] - like that"  However I have met him a few times through a friend of mine and each time he has been a nice grounded guy. 

Archived