2016 17OA

Nsh acquires:

Lars eller

david desharnais

2016 39OA

habs now have almost 14million in cap space

they sign Steven stamkos

At 9.5 million for six years

and use whatever's left to pick up Hamhuis off of free agency and sign him for 2-3

habs draft Logan brown at 9

and Julien Gauthier at 17

2016-17 lineup

Pacioretty-Stamkos-Galchenyuk

Hudon/Lehkonen-Plekanec-Gallagher

Andrighetto-Mccaron-Carr

Danault-Mitchell-Byron

Lessio,Hudon/Lehkonen,Flynn

Hamhuis-Subban

Beaulieu-Petry

Markov-Emelin

A few years later

Scherbak-Hudon-Gallagher

Brown-Mccaron-Gauthier

Andrighetto-Danault-Carr

JDLR,Lehkonen

Price

Condon

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Awesome ideas! Super in fact!

Just too bad there are other GM's working the tables opposite the Habs who aren't in the business of trying to HELP them.......  :tongue:

Yea lol sometimes it even seems like our GM is working against us lol!!!!!!!

To be honest, my other team, the Minnesota Wild, could use a shake up (and they just might do that under Coach Boudreau now).....and I always thought there may be some parts on both the Wild and Canadiens that may do better with a "change of scenery".....I would LOVE to have Tomas Plekanac center the Minnesota top line, for instance...even if it means parting with a young player who hasn't realized his full potential yet.

Canadiens could use more grit (Wild have that in alot of their players), Wild could use more finesse and scoring (Habs seem to have that)...maybe they both make good trade partners without Habs fans feeling Marc Bergevin works for the Wild as well...hehe

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

To be honest, my other team, the Minnesota Wild, could use a shake up (and they just might do that under Coach Boudreau now).....and I always thought there may be some parts on both the Wild and Canadiens that may do better with a "change of scenery".....I would LOVE to have Tomas Plekanac center the Minnesota top line, for instance...even if it means parting with a young player who hasn't realized his full potential yet.

Canadiens could use more grit (Wild have that in alot of their players), Wild could use more finesse and scoring (Habs seem to have that)...maybe they both make good trade partners without Habs fans feeling Marc Bergevin works for the Wild as well...hehe

Were I the Wild GM, I look younger at C. Plekanec is notoriously streaky and getting older(And is really only a #2 C). Having him AND Koivu at those ages......

Edmonton is an ideal trading partner if you want a #1 C. RNH is more appealing than Plekanec at this juncture, but will cost you one of those Dmen.

What Montreal needs more is a new coach

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Were I the Wild GM, I look younger at C. Plekanec is notoriously streaky and getting older(And is really only a #2 C). Having him AND Koivu at those ages......

Edmonton is an ideal trading partner if you want a #1 C. RNH is more appealing than Plekanec at this juncture, but will cost you one of those Dmen.

I agree I remember pleky go 18 games without a goal this year and at one point he was almost a goal a game.

At best he is a #2C who is on the decline. Not saying he is a bad player but if the wild want him for let's say a cup run they better make it quick.

On 6/5/2016 at 7:02 PM, J0e Th0rnton said:

I agree with all of that. Plekanec has more than peaked. He is basically what you see is what you get. He's a respectable 2nd line center, but on a deep team, I do believe he would be pushed down to the 3rd line. He's basically a 50 pt guy who plays a nice 200 foot game. That is 50 pts when he is playing with talent like Subban and Max on the top pp. If a real first line center is in the picture, Plek's becomes a 40 pt guy real quick. He has a lot of intangibles that are noteworthy, decent at draws, decent skater etc.

I could see Montreal being interested in a RNH, he has much more natural talent than any center currently on the Habs roster. He would make a real nice addition feeding P.K and Max on a regular basis. Plus, RNH does not play a lot of the predictable half wall on the PP....he is creative enough that he keeps teams guessing, setting up behind the net in Gretzky's office on one possession, floating in and out on another moving to where the puck isn't .....he is smart that way. Of course, injury concerns, but that may drive down the price a tad.

If I was Montreal, with or without a potential RNH deal, I"m going hard after Dubois. A high scoring French center from the QMJHL, responible at both ends of the ice...I can see them giving up an asset to put themselves into Dubois range. The Hockey News Draft Preview ranks PLD at #5, while the Habs pick at #9. A LOT of variables, but moving up 4 draft slots in the top 10 can be pretty expensive. They do have an extra 2nd round pick via Minnesota....so there is a potential starting point there....maybe they could unload the big stiff Tinordi along with the extra pick....ha ha.

Starting at #4...this draft could splinter and go many different ways. Personally, I have Tkachuk, Nylander, McLeod, Jost, Max Jones, Logan Brown....they are all in and around that #5 to #9 neighborhood. Honestly, if you are going just pure skill and upside, Keller may be small in stature, but he may be the most talented in the group of 6 or 7 forwards I just mentioned. I get that the Habs have lacked a big powerful #1 center for years and years now....but in the end, you gotta take skill over size when stocking up the team long term.

I get the fact that Montreal was missing Price for most of the year....but that is no excuse for where they ended up in the standings. Just my thoughts, but there was a lot of games where Montreal was out coached...out line matched etc.....they very badly needed their coach to pull a rabbit out of a hat....finding ways to manufacture wins....find a way to keep the top power play relevant. Therrien rarely supplied these necessities. In fact, we are not the only ones to think this way.....

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/nhl/montreal-canadiens-coach-michel-therrien-needs-to-change-his-style-to-suit-todays-nhl

• 2 weeks later...
On June 5, 2016 at 8:55 AM, MrDanglez67 said:

Montreal acquires:

2016 17OA

Nsh acquires:

Lars eller

david desharnais

2016 39OA

habs now have almost 14million in cap space

they sign Steven stamkos

At 9.5 million for six years

and use whatever's left to pick up Hamhuis off of free agency and sign him for 2-3

habs draft Logan brown at 9

and Julien Gauthier at 17

2016-17 lineup

Hudon/Lehkonen-Plekanec-Gallagher

Andrighetto-Mccaron-Carr

Danault-Mitchell-Byron

Lessio,Hudon/Lehkonen,Flynn

Hamhuis-Subban

Beaulieu-Petry

Markov-Emelin

A few years later

Scherbak-Hudon-Gallagher

Brown-Mccaron-Gauthier

Andrighetto-Danault-Carr

JDLR,Lehkonen

Price

Condon

Dream on. Stamkos is going home to the Leafs. Although I do like your thinking.

Archived