Flyers Re-sign Gudas to Multi-Year Contract

AJgoal

This may sound stupid but I think Gudas probably demands a little bit more money because of the fact that he is a right handed shot. It seems righties especially for Dmen are hard to come by am I wrong?

18 minutes ago, Philly29 said:

This may sound stupid but I think Gudas probably demands a little bit more money because of the fact that he is a right handed shot. It seems righties especially for Dmen are hard to come by am I wrong?

Well as of right now he is the only righty on the current blueline.

But Flyers have more....

on the Phantoms...

Willcox 

Pettersson

Alt (whom i'm sure will be resigned)

juniors and college...

Myers

Friedman

So of of now he is very important. But if he is lugging the puck and carrying the play alot they are doing something wrong but he has a place it's is just limited.

10 hours ago, hf101 said:

Signing is front loaded making him very tradeable by the 4th year.  If he continues to be one of the top 4 d-men on the team this will be a great deal by Hexy.  Depending on where and how he plays will determine whether or not he is protected from the expansion draft.   

Radko's emergence makes Schultz, Streit and even MDZ more expendable.  

Not it that he can replace any of them outright, but they won't necessarily be taking on excessive amounts of water without one or two of them.   His contract is a bridge to the Provo Sanheim era at which point he'll settle into a vet 5/6 role or be a moveable trade property.  

I like the deal especially if it is combined with moving one of Schultz or Streit tonight or this summer. He's our only real hitter on defense and bridges the gap until Morin is ready. 

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well as of right now he is the only righty on the current blueline.

But Flyers have more....

on the Phantoms...

Willcox 

Pettersson

Alt (whom i'm sure will be resigned)

juniors and college...

Myers

Friedman

So of of now he is very important. But if he is lugging the puck and carrying the play alot they are doing something wrong but he has a place it's is just limited.

I don't mean just for the Flyes but for the league righties are harder to come by are they not?

Archived