CGY working to get a goalie. Have had talks with TB on Bishop and with STL on Elliott

Makes sense....Blues have Allen to fall back on and the Bolts have Vasi.  With all the young talent the Flames have they desperately need to resolve their goaltending issuess

22 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Makes sense....Blues have Allen to fall back on and the Bolts have Vasi.  With all the young talent the Flames have they desperately need to resolve their goaltending issuess

My guess is cost for Bishop would be their 6th overall. But Elliott's cost is likely their high 2nd rounder

18 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

My guess is cost for Bishop would be their 6th overall. But Elliott's cost is likely their high 2nd rounder

Interesting since if you compare career stats they are very comparable.

Bishop: 220 GS 135-65 with a 0.922 SV% and a 2.29 GAA

Elliot: 293 GS 165-99 with a 0.914 SV% and a 2.40 GAA

Granted Elliot has been in the league 2 years longer.  Is Bishop really >>> than Elliot?  Elliot did a nice job carrying the Blues this year when Allen went down with an injury.  I just find it interesting that in your opinion Bishop would cost more.  To be fair you do have Elliot potentially costing a high 2nd rounder.

12 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Interesting since if you compare career stats they are very comparable.

Bishop: 220 GS 135-65 with a 0.922 SV% and a 2.29 GAA

Elliot: 293 GS 165-99 with a 0.914 SV% and a 2.40 GAA

Granted Elliot has been in the league 2 years longer.  Is Bishop really >>> than Elliot?  Elliot did a nice job carrying the Blues this year when Allen went down with an injury.  I just find it interesting that in your opinion Bishop would cost more.  To be fair you do have Elliot potentially costing a high 2nd rounder.

I have a very high opinion of Bishop as a starter. Elliott is a bit inconsistent.

Just now, J0e Th0rnton said:

I have a very high opinion of Bishop as a starter. Elliott is a bit inconsistent.

Fair enough...I was just curious your line of thinking.

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Maybe Reimer will resign with us now. No teams but Buffalo need a starter

St. Louis? Dallas? Columbus? Ottawa? Philadelphia? Vancouver? Calgary? (Yes Calgary even after adding Elliott).

Truthfully, all probably should at least kick the tires on a starting goalie or a 30-35 game solid backup. For different reasons in each case they likely do not make a move. Hell, maybe you are right and Reimer ends up back with your boys after all.

16 hours ago, yave1964 said:

St. Louis? Dallas? Columbus? Ottawa? Philadelphia? Vancouver? Calgary? (Yes Calgary even after adding Elliott).

Truthfully, all probably should at least kick the tires on a starting goalie or a 30-35 game solid backup. For different reasons in each case they likely do not make a move. Hell, maybe you are right and Reimer ends up back with your boys after all.

St louis just gave Allen the vote of confidence. Elliott was making 2.5 million and Reimer will want more than that.

Dallas has over 10 million in 2 supposed starters.

Columbus has 7.5 million locked in Bob's and Korpisalo did well last year.

Ottawa....Maybe, but I doubt it. Philly? Mason still around. Vancouver? They have problems beyond their goalies. Calgary? Maybe

After years of arbitration and heckling in Toronto, methinks Reimer will want north of 3 million this time. That will limit teams that can afford him.

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

St louis just gave Allen the vote of confidence. Elliott was making 2.5 million and Reimer will want more than that.

Dallas has over 10 million in 2 supposed starters.

Columbus has 7.5 million locked in Bob's and Korpisalo did well last year.

Ottawa....Maybe, but I doubt it. Philly? Mason still around. Vancouver? They have problems beyond their goalies. Calgary? Maybe

After years of arbitration and heckling in Toronto, methinks Reimer will want north of 3 million this time. That will limit teams that can afford him.

Just pointing out that there are teams out there who need a goalie. Of the five listed, I would bet whatever you wanted that by the midseason deadline at least three of the five will either be scrambling or will have made an internal change in net. I do not trust Allen, Niemi, Bob, Anderson or Miller, all are slugs.

That said, for various reasons that you pointed out the odds are that all will hold tight and start the year with what they have.

So for Reimer it comes down to who needs a good 30 game a year backup who can play more if needed. Lets take a realsitic look.

Toronto? No freaking way is he going back to that freak show that he escaped from. Boston? Is Subban ready and do they believe in him? Edmonton he could be a sort of 1B along side of Talbot. Maybe a couple of others, Chicago, Darling is wretched but they have cap issues, St. Louis would be an amazing spot for him, Pittsburgh too if they manage to move Fleury.

Last year was a sellers market, there were only a couple of goalies available so they commanded a high price, Hel even Eddie Lack netted the Canucks something, lol. This year it is a buyers market, more players than jobs. I could see Reimer, if he is comfortable in San Jose rather than go out and test the market and risk being the last man still standing when the music stops just quietly agreeing to a deal there. It would be a bit humbling, signifying a new change in his career where he is now a solid backup rather than a starter but there are only 30 jobs and pretty much all the seats are filled. I hear San Jose is beautiful. He could do worse.

Archived