Pens re-sign Schultz

Polaris922

Just now, B21 said:

Wow.  Posted 1 minute before me.

Don't get me wrong - I like the deal.  But why would Schultz do this?

Maybe he didn't get much interest from other teams?  And winning a Cup probably makes you willing to accept a little less to try again.  

6 minutes ago, B21 said:

Wow.  Posted 1 minute before me.

Don't get me wrong - I like the deal.  But why would Schultz do this?

This is a good deal for team and player. Sheltered on a 3rd pairing with 2nd PP time, he can be effective. This is a good salary for that role, and *nobody* was going to sign him to the deal Craig MacTavish gave him when he said (and I'm being honest) that he saw Norris Trophies in Schultz's future.

3 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

This is a good deal for team and player. Sheltered on a 3rd pairing with 2nd PP time, he can be effective. This is a good salary for that role, and *nobody* was going to sign him to the deal Craig MacTavish gave him when he said (and I'm being honest) that he saw Norris Trophies in Schultz's future.

I agree nobody was paying 4... But if Ben Lovejoy can get 2.67....   

1 hour ago, Polaris922 said:

I agree nobody was paying 4... But if Ben Lovejoy can get 2.67....   

This. Maybe he really wanted to come back and the Pens said "Well - this is what we can fit under the cap..." 

Win Win here.  No one was looking at Shultz as he was considered a bust prior to coming to the Pens. Shultz thinks his a shoe in to be in the top six all year round with the leaving of Lovejoy, so he gets to showcase his skills on a puck moving fast team that is good for him.  

B21, he's working on the NEXT contract if he can have a solid year on a cup defending team. 

For the Pens, a real good fit for a player that is the right style of play for the team.e also fits well on the second PP unit with his shot from the point.   

I really like it.

thumbs up.jpg

Archived