Gmae #6 - Flyers (1) at Canadiens (3) - Oct 24, 2016 @ 7:30 ET

brelic

36 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

There was a play last night where he was a couple steps ahead of the nearest defender and would have been all alone in on Price from just inside the blue line.  But then he did his "skate in Jello" thing and was caught, stripped of the puck, and it went back the other way.   It was actually embarrassing.

I didn't see it, but take your word for it. Unless he was at the end of a shift (which would excuse him, because tiredness is the great equalizer), it's proof that Sean has done little or nothing to work on his foot speed.

Which I simply don't understand. I don't understand his seeming lack of interest in that work. And I don't understand the Flyers seeming lack of interest in making sure he does that work. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Podein25 said:

I didn't see it, but take your word for it. Unless he was at the end of a shift (which would excuse him, because tiredness is the great equalizer), it's proof that Sean has done little or nothing to work on his foot speed.

Which I simply don't understand. I don't understand his seeming lack of interest in that work. And I don't understand the Flyers seeming lack of interest in making sure he does that work. 

Perhaps he's has worked on his foot speed and it just isn't there.

2 hours ago, Podein25 said:

I don't know what's going on here, but I'm getting scared...I'm gonna sort of defend couturier here.  I don't know if we can say that he hasn't worked on it.  I think that some guys just weren't born with speed.

I don't know what off season training is like for these guys, but if I was always criticized for my lack of skating speed, I would be squatting and pressing every day (figuratively speaking since rest days are required to build muscle).  Maybe he did that but some people just have trouble building muscle.

3 minutes ago, icehole said:

I don't know what's going on here, but I'm getting scared...I'm gonna sort of defend couturier here.

Whoa! LOL

3 minutes ago, icehole said:

Maybe he did that but some people just have trouble building muscle.

Maybe. Or maybe he has spent so much time standing still, or in Jello as @ruxpin put it, that those fast-twitch muscles that everybody else has, have atrophied. 

• brelic changed the title to Gmae #6 - Flyers (1) at Canadiens (3) - Oct 24, 2016 @ 7:30 ET

Archived