Panthers trade for Sgarbossa, best player I ever saw

yave1964

A little history, a few seasons ago during the lockout/strike whatever vile name you choose, I could not live without Hockey so living fairly close between Columbus and Cleveland I watched a lot of Buckeye and Big Ten Hockey and went to see the Monsters in Cleveland play a fair amount as well.

Sgarbossa th?&id=OIP.Mc20e787c7371fb6f4e415d92c894was in his first season in the AHL had scored twice on televised games that I had watched, I told the wife to keep an eye on him and he scored twice that night, I left feeling like a genius, like someone who had discovered a player. The next two times we made it to Cleveland he scored again. And the next several televised games that I watched he scored in them as well. It was almost eerie, my own personal Hart candidate that nobody had ever heard of. He even made the All Star Game in the AHL that season as a twenty year old.

It all started falling apart after that. The former Shark prospect who had been dealt to the Avalanche organization got into a few games the following season with the big club and did not do anything to impress, I even made a point of staying up late to watch an Avalanche game to root for him, I was, after all his personal good luck charm but he went scoreless and was nigh on invisible. Sent back down, he started bad habits and his numbers slipped. Soon he was dealt to the Ducks organization and has been a filler with the th?&id=OIP.M8111598382f30be9fe829870c3c6San Diego Gulls for a year and a half, tho in truth his numbers were better last year. He even spent a goodly portion of this season with the big club so far, nine games with two assists.

Yesterday he was dealt to the Panthers for sort of NHL prospect Logan Shaw who spent most of last season with the big club but this year has been toiling in Springfield and performing as if he were pouting over it.

I still root for Sgarbossa, I am looking forward to seeing if the Panthers have the next Colton Sceviour or Jonathan Marchessault to add to their ranks. Florida plays the Leafs tonight and I will be watching to see if my 'discovery' strikes gold.

Archived