Big game for Sabres tonight, first in a long time

Buffalo Rick

I think tonights game for the Sabres is rather huge.  It can firmly put them ahead of the Red Wings and leave the once mighty team in the cellar for sure.  If they win they are right in the middle of it.  Lose, and its back to the drawing board.  Sure its early and in the big picture not that big, but its a measuring stick to see where they are at.  If they beat the Penguins they can beat the Red Wings of course.  Detroit will be a desperate team tonight.  Coming off 4 st loss's is bad enough.  I do like the Sabres chances if the goalie dose not give them a big early lead.  Detroit is no longer an offensive monster.  They  are a defense first type of team.  And they will beat you 1-0 happily.  I have not actually watched them of late but the scores suggest they are playing what I call "New Jersey Devil" hockey.  For the Sabres Okpuso, Foligno and Moulson have been good of late.  Ristolainen is always on the ice it seems and no player is trusted more by the coach Dan Bylsma.  The entire Western NY community s ready for Jack Eichel to return and then we can really see if we have a shot at the playoffs.  To me what gives us and many others including the Flyers, the team of most readers here, a shot is the parity that has set in.  You look at the East and its pretty much a log jam.  Montreal has the impressive record due to their home record, but they did lose to Ottawa last night, and they are the team that was beaten 10-0 .  When you lose 10-0 its not soon forgotten.  And its not easy to do.  You have to basically quit on your coach as a team. It does not speak well of them at all.  Back to tonights game, Bylsma has been dipping into the Rochester team often of late, testing out some young players.  They are still playing lt as a rebuild as they should and not really thinking playoffs.  They are thinking of developement.  And so far so good IMO>

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I think tonights game for the Sabres is rather huge.  It can firmly put them ahead of the Red Wings and leave the once mighty team in the cellar for sure.  If they win they are right in the middle of it.  Lose, and its back to the drawing board.  Sure its early and in the big picture not that big, but its a measuring stick to see where they are at.  If they beat the Penguins they can beat the Red Wings of course.  Detroit will be a desperate team tonight.  Coming off 4 st loss's is bad enough.  I do like the Sabres chances if the goalie dose not give them a big early lead.  Detroit is no longer an offensive monster.  They  are a defense first type of team.  And they will beat you 1-0 happily.  I have not actually watched them of late but the scores suggest they are playing what I call "New Jersey Devil" hockey.  For the Sabres Okpuso, Foligno and Moulson have been good of late.  Ristolainen is always on the ice it seems and no player is trusted more by the coach Dan Bylsma.  The entire Western NY community s ready for Jack Eichel to return and then we can really see if we have a shot at the playoffs.  To me what gives us and many others including the Flyers, the team of most readers here, a shot is the parity that has set in.  You look at the East and its pretty much a log jam.  Montreal has the impressive record due to their home record, but they did lose to Ottawa last night, and they are the team that was beaten 10-0 .  When you lose 10-0 its not soon forgotten.  And its not easy to do.  You have to basically quit on your coach as a team. It does not speak well of them at all.  Back to tonights game, Bylsma has been dipping into the Rochester team often of late, testing out some young players.  They are still playing lt as a rebuild as they should and not really thinking playoffs.  They are thinking of developement.  And so far so good IMO>

Why are you so hostile to paragraphs?! What have they ever done to you to deserve this constant neglect? For the love of god.

enter-button-clipart-1.jpg

Archived