Malkin down with LBI, will miss All Star Game too

nossagog

Well, the injuries made their leap from the defense to forwards as Malkin and possibly Hornqvist will miss tonights game against the B's. I don't remember seeing anything big on either of them, although I think Hornqvist may have taken a blocked shot.  Time for HBK to thrive.

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/11835767-74/penguins-malkin-season

11 hours ago, hf101 said:

Not too much insight there as to Malkin's injury in that report.

The Pens are never very insightful on what injuries are and how they occur'd  its frustrating as a fan sometimes. 

6 hours ago, flyerrod said:

Convenient how that happens right before the All Star game......I am surprised that Crosby was not injured on the same play......:dizzysmiley-1:

Happened next to last game prior to the break.  They would have loved to have him against the B's last night. 

14 hours ago, flyerrod said:

Convenient how that happens right before the All Star game......I am surprised that Crosby was not injured on the same play......:dizzysmiley-1:

I kinda thought the same thing at first, mainly as in prior years many top All Stars appeared to care less about being there, and some of the Penguins were surely taking the weekend off in preparation for a playoff run.  This year though is different, imo, with the celebration of 100 years of All Stars.  

Archived