TK out at least a month--Yippee

DaGreatGazoo

On 2/7/2017 at 2:23 PM, DaGreatGazoo said:

I'd really like to see them call Jordan Weal up.  Kid has earned a shot, IMHO.  Not sure what happens to him regarding waivers, though.  

WHAT DO I WIN???  Free WAWA coffee?  Free Tastycakes?

Per GM Ron Hextall, the #Flyers have placed Travis Konecny on Injured Reserve and recalled F Jordan Weal from the @LVPhantoms

Why the f**k not just call LW Carey up than juggle the damn lines???

Kid leads the Phantoms in goals scored....don't they need a scorer???

They have enough guys who pass first and are small. Weal 5-10 175 Carey is 6-1 198????

Man this moves are just real head scratchers i swear...maybe they are shooting for a draft pick...

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

They have enough guys who pass first and are small. Weal 5-10 175 Carey is 6-1 198????

Man this moves are just real head scratchers i swear...maybe they are shooting for a draft pick...

Remember last year when the Flyers were struggling to score goals and they didn't re-call the AHL goal leader then as well (Straka)? Maybe they just want to see if Weal has anything as someone like Carey isn't in the Flyers future plans 

34 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Completely get your point.

On the flip side WTH do they have to lose by changing everything?  They've been outscored 20-3 in their last 6 loses. At this point, I'm rearranging the locker room, changing hotel roommates around and hiring new ice girls. 

Really no idea what they are doing these days. I've gone from appointment watching TV when they are on, to is there ANYTHING else to watch??  

They are bad and boring to watch right now. That's a rotten combination. As a fan. 

Just now, DaGreatGazoo said:

Completely get your point.

On the flip side WTH do they have to lose by changing everything?  They've been outscored 20-3 in their last 6 loses. At this point, I'm rearranging the locker room, changing hotel roommates around and hiring new ice girls. 

Really no idea what they are doing these days. I've gone from appointment watching TV when they are on, to is there ANYTHING else to watch??  

They are bad and boring to watch right now. That's a rotten combination. As a fan. 

My reason was maybe they need to set lines and let them play for a week or two together to develop chemistry.

It may not work but we already know switching them up every other game doesn't  work too....I mean what is the longest the lines have been kept together this year it has to be no more than 3 games...can't say for sure.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

My reason was maybe they need to set lines and let them play for a week or two together to develop chemistry.

It may not work but we already know switching them up every other game doesn't  work too....I mean what is the longest the lines have been kept together this year it has to be no more than 3 games...can't say for sure.

3 games might be generous. 

46 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

3 games might be generous. 

Maybe these lines work. Schenn on a line where he shouldn't have to carry the puck to much (because he is not good at it) might work. So give this a try.

Here are what the lines looked like at practice today, via Dave Isaac.

Brayden Schenn – Claude Giroux – Wayne Simmonds

Jordan Weal – Sean Couturier – Jake Voracek

Michael Raffl – Nick Cousins – Matt Read

Chris VandeVelde – Pierre-Edouard Bellemare – Roman Lyubimov

Can't hurt.

Archived