TK out at least a month--Yippee

DaGreatGazoo

As if things weren’t difficult enough for the Flyers as they try to keep pace in a playoff race, now they’ll have to deal without one of their leading point scorers for the next month.

Travis Konecny sat two games as a healthy scratch before re-entering the lineup Monday against the St. Louis Blues. After a collision in the second period, he exited the game with a left leg injury and never returned.

For the next four to six weeks, according to general manager Ron Hextall, his scratches won’t be voluntary on the part of the coaching staff. Even if Konecny, 19, returns on the early end of that spectrum, it would be past the March 1 trade deadline.

Konecny has seven goals and 22 points in 51 games so far this season.

This was just posted on Twitter.  Makes losing him sound even worse...and scratching him now looks down right IDIOTIC!

Konecny has been PHI's most efficient 5v5 scorer in Points/60, & PHI generates more shots per 60 with him on-ice than with any other player.

1 hour ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

I'd really like to see them call Jordan Weal up.  Kid has earned a shot, IMHO.  Not sure what happens to him regarding waivers, though.  

Most likely Read will just go back into the lineup.  

2 hours ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

As if things weren’t difficult enough for the Flyers as they try to keep pace in a playoff race, now they’ll have to deal without one of their leading point scorers for the next month.

Travis Konecny sat two games as a healthy scratch before re-entering the lineup Monday against the St. Louis Blues. After a collision in the second period, he exited the game with a left leg injury and never returned.

For the next four to six weeks, according to general manager Ron Hextall, his scratches won’t be voluntary on the part of the coaching staff. Even if Konecny, 19, returns on the early end of that spectrum, it would be past the March 1 trade deadline.

Konecny has seven goals and 22 points in 51 games so far this season.

Haven't yet seen what he is out for?  Was thinking he'd be out with a concussion, but usually there isn't a time table on that.

5 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Haven't yet seen what he is out for?  Was thinking he'd be out with a concussion, but usually there isn't a time table on that.

I think it's LBI. Heard he had a walking boot on last night.  

Just now, nossagog said:

@hf101

Yeah, that looked very awkward when he went down yesterday in the corner. It was like he lost an edge and then his weight was all on his knee.   I'm thinking it was a knee strain, oh sorry, in official NHL terms "Lower Body Injury".

Ah, ok.  I was at the game and haven't seen a replay. The play was at the other end of the rink from my view. 

3 hours ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

I'd really like to see them call Jordan Weal up.  Kid has earned a shot, IMHO.  Not sure what happens to him regarding waivers, though.  

I'd rather they call Carey up he is more what they need a LW with some size who can score.

Weal to small and they have enough pass first guys.

2 hours ago, murraycraven said:

Dont' worry Sami!!!  I hear he is really good on faceoffs and will take some of the defensive zone pressure of G...  :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

The sad thing is that I was trying to be my sarcastic self but the fact of the matter is Gordon has no offensive abilities so he would fit right into Hak's "let's lose every game 1-0 or 2-0" system. 

19 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Ah, the dreaded high ankle sprain. That's his season done.

Yeah from what i read it is also knee injury too...however a minor one.

So yeah he could be done for the year especially if they don't squeak into the playoffs...

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah from what i read it is also knee injury too...however a minor one.

So yeah he could be done for the year especially if they don't squeak into the playoffs...

To me that's just high ankle sprain by another name. I haven't seen the video yet. Oh well, gives TK plenty of time to watch and learn how to be a better 5-on-5 player [insert ninja] 

[my emoticons are not loading?!]

24 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

To me that's just high ankle sprain by another name. I haven't seen the video yet. Oh well, gives TK plenty of time to watch and learn how to be a better 5-on-5 player [insert ninja] 

I don't know i've had a high ankle sprain and it hurt like hell. Iy took me over 6 months to get over it...mainly due to work i could only get off of it 4 days max at a time.

My cousin who has had them in both ankles and even broke one in a different injury said the break didn't hurt as bad as the spained ankle.

I'd prefer neither!

41 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

On your phone, or computer? 

Are you choosing one from the menu?  :scratcheshead:

2 minutes ago, hf101 said:

On your phone, or computer? 

Are you choosing one from the menu?  :scratcheshead:

'puter. Let me try again. There they are. False alarm, must have been a momentary glitch on this end. Man, your fast with the IT help!

2 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

'puter. Let me try again. There they are. False alarm, must have been a momentary glitch on this end. Man, your fast with the IT help!

Speed comes easily,  when I don't have to do anything.  :tongue:

5 hours ago, Podein25 said:

You ain't feeding that hamster on the spinning wheel....no food they slow down...

...that is what i heard!!! **wink wink**

:VeryCool:

Archived