Kings put Zatkoff on waivers

notfondajane

1 hour ago, notfondajane said:

Zatkoff was put on waivers by the Los Angeles Kings the other day. 

Should the Pens pick him up so they could expose him to the expansion draft? 

I don't think exposing another goalie is going to save Murray...they have  to protect Fleury because of his NTC. It's either deal him prior to the expansion draft, or likely lose Murray.

2 hours ago, SlapShot66 said:

The Pens do not want to lose Murry because he is solid in the net, Fleury is not and Murry will guide the Pens into the playoffs and to another Stanley Cup Win as long as he is healthy.

Sure, but the expansion draft rules only allow the Penguins to protect one goalie. Fleury has a no movement clause in his contract which means they must protect him.

Unless he waives his no movement clause. I would think that Vegas wouldn't mind having a Stanley Cup winning goalie under contract for a few seasons to anchor their franchise's early years. It looks good on paper anyway... He could decide to be exposed to the draft.

Pretty sure that works out as a win/win for everybody involved.

11 minutes ago, radoran said:

Sure, but the expansion draft rules only allow the Penguins to protect one goalie. Fleury has a no movement clause in his contract which means they must protect him.

Unless he waives his no movement clause. I would think that Vegas wouldn't mind having a Stanley Cup winning goalie under contract for a few seasons to anchor their franchise's early years. It looks good on paper anyway... He could decide to be exposed to the draft.

The other option for the Pens is to buyout Fleury's contract after they are done with the playoffs leaving them about a 2M cap hit for 4 years.  But I think they still will need to have a goalie to expose. 

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

The other option for the Pens is to buyout Fleury's contract after they are done with the playoffs leaving them about a 2M cap hit for 4 years.  But I think they still will need to have a goalie to expose. 

IMO Zatkoff would fit the bill! Should the Pens be successful in buying out Fleury! 

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I don't think exposing another goalie is going to save Murray...they have  to protect Fleury because of his NTC. It's either deal him prior to the expansion draft, or likely lose Murray.

It may be possible the Pens could buyout Fleury!  Zatkoff to the rescue! 

Then maybe Fleury could sign with the Kings?!

1 hour ago, radoran said:

As HF101said he could be bought out!

Archived