Jurco traded, Wings get 2017 3rd round pick

TheHockeytown

Maybe next year the league will figure out the "bye" weeks a bit better....   I wonder if he was vacationing in the Bahamas or something.    :cooldude:

@MarkLazerus

Bowman expects Jurco to be here tomorrow: "He’s a member of the Blackhawks now, so he’s not on his bye week anymore."

Heh. A third round pick for this slug. Heheheheh. any other GM save for Bowman I would have really thought we fleeced them but with Bowmans record watch Jurco step onto the first line and score 20 goals in the last 22 games.

4 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Heh. A third round pick for this slug. Heheheheh. any other GM save for Bowman I would have really thought we fleeced them but with Bowmans record watch Jurco step onto the first line and score 20 goals in the last 22 games.

Well... he is well rested.   :IDunnoSmiley:

16 hours ago, yave1964 said:

I'll bet 50 goals! Lol

On February 24, 2017 at 6:50 PM, yave1964 said:

Well, it's not just about Bowman. Our middling rejects have a history of leaving the DRWs and performing better on their new teams thanks they ever did for us. So it wouldn't surprise me, even if Bowman wasn't involved. However, the fact that he is makes it almost sure that we will be shaking our heads in another month.

Another thought: A plus on the bye week--after two surprising wins followed by a loss leading up to the break, the 7-day break is a LLOOOONG time for Kenny Holland to watch the Eastern Conference competition further distance ourselves from any shot at a playoff spot enough to make him get off of his proverbial butt and start to deal and make changes except via waivers.

I was starting to wonder what else it might take: electric current through his office chair? A road power play that goes 0-for-54? (53 wasn't enough, ya know.) Sex tape extortion?

Nope. Thank the Lord for the bye week!

I think this is a pretty balanced trade. The Red Wings get rid of a player that was obviously never going to perform well in that situation, and the Hawks get someone that could very easily be better than what they have currently shown. And Jurco gets out of an environment that was clearly not for him. I really hope that he starts to do well for the Hawks and has a good career.

Archived