Eric Fehr placed on waivers

nossagog

fehr.jpeg

The Pens put Eric Fehr on waivers today, if not claimed he'll be sent to the Baby Pens.  Fehr has a two way contract, so that means the Pens will have a little cap space(more if he's claimed) to be open to something prior to the deadline.

I've not watched a ton of Fehr play this season, but seems to me, last year at least, he was a decent defensive type player...maybe a bit more offensively oriented if paired with the right guys.

I wouldn't mind if the Lightning took a chance on him.

He'd likely somewhat replace Brian Boyle's roles in the bottom six, has good player size too, heck, he even makes the same amount Boyle did ($2M), and has another year left on his contract after this one.

21 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I've not watched a ton of Fehr play this season, but seems to me, last year at least, he was a decent defensive type player...maybe a bit more offensively oriented if paired with the right guys.

I wouldn't mind if the Lightning took a chance on him.

He'd likely somewhat replace Brian Boyle's roles in the bottom six, has good player size too, heck, he even makes the same amount Boyle did ($2M), and has another year left on his contract after this one.

As a fourth line player, he's actually not bad at all.   Probably a little too much to spend on a fourth liner, but he's okay.   Problem is that Sheary and Rust will hopefully be back soon, and I don't think that Guentzel is going anywhere in the lineup. We'll see what happens today, if there is a trade or not, and whether anyone claims him. 

Well now, looks like the Pens traded Fehr today to Toronto along with Steve Olesky and a conditional pick for Frank Corrado.  Looks to be a salary dump as rumor has it that Streit just went to the Pens. 

Archived