Road Ice advantage is real

Buffalo Rick

Notice how St Louis and Anaheim both lost?  Now I am not saying Washington and Ottawa are doomed, in fact I am picking them so go put your money on Pitt and the Rangers.  The Rangers by the way have had Ottawa's number over the years.  But being on the road I have long argued in hockey, not in basketball which we know home court is huge, is an advantage for the following reason.  Players are not free to go home and go do their normal off ice routine.  Go home to some woman for the single ones.  Or do whatever. If you are on the road you are together, in a hotel, and at practice and more focused.  Players are not locked up like in the Days of Instant Replay with Vince Lomardi.  Break the curfew and you are screwed.  They leave the rink and go hop in their Mercedes and do whatever they want.  While the road team is back at the hotel and the coach has more access to drill them about what they did wrong and such.  I think that teams come together more and are more focused on the road.   I believe it helped both Nashville and Edmonton.  Game two I believe ST Louis and Anaheim will be more focused and desperate.  St Louis did not play a bad game.  They came back and carried the play until that one disastrous play that did them in with 4 minutes left.  That is not going to happen often.  Sometimes being on the road is the best medicine for a team.  I think also in baseball but not in basketball.  Football is a different animal because you have a week between games.  

I need to add that there is the added pressure of making the home fans happy.  Being too fancy perhaps.  That also plays in

9 hours ago, hf101 said:

Oh really,

Explain Nashville, Pittsburgh, and NY winning every home game they've played thus far.

Its not 100% but there are advantages for teams to go on the road.  Less pressure and more unity.

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

Are you kidding me?  I just ponied up the money to be a supporting member?  Or is that your signature as a mod?  Not sure if it was addressed to me but i renewed.  Here to drive you all nuts for another year. 

Archived