Habs to trade Galchenyuk for Drouin?

@FD19372I'm not a fan... Drouin can't play centre(neither can Chucky) and french-canadians with lots of hype coming into Montreal haven't done well in recent years. It would be too much pressure on Drouin. Plus it just proves that Bergevin is throwing darts at this point.

For some unknown reason, Julien does not like Gally. He's one of the most underused, underappreciated talents in the league. This could really work out well for both players. If Drouin continues on this upward swing, he could be a god in Quebec. Gally would be surrounded with better players and the change of scenery might just earn him a few mill more. Montreal needs to use him on the 1st line and 1st pp or move on from the way I see it. 

That would be awful for the Habs, Drouin has shown flashes but not enough. Just an awful deal.

The other big rumor going around is Galchenyuk and Beaulieu to the Avalanche for Duchene and Tyson Barrie which personnel wise would be a good move for Montreal but would eat up their salary cap and mean that Radulov would be unable to be resigned.

Galchenyuk is not a good center, if he stays he almost certainly will be moved to the wing and the Plekanec failed experiment will occur again. He is gifted but flawed, a highlight reel play once a week and long stretches of being invisible. He is still young enough to get over his problems but if the Canadiens feel that he is as good as he is gonna get they may be right to move him out now, fill the 1C spot now. Something has to give. It is still Carey Price and the seven dwarfs come April every year. What they are doing is clearly not working and Chuckie may be the piece that is moved.

Or maybe they can trade Weber for Subban............

3 hours ago, jammer2 said:

For some unknown reason, Julien does not like Gally. He's one of the most underused, underappreciated talents in the league. This could really work out well for both players. If Drouin continues on this upward swing, he could be a god in Quebec. Gally would be surrounded with better players and the change of scenery might just earn him a few mill more. Montreal needs to use him on the 1st line and 1st pp or move on from the way I see it. 

It wasn't just Julien, Therrien didn't like him either so it also has me wondering if there's an attitude problem there. The real problem with Chucky is that he's just so damn inconsistent, he reminds me of freakin' Kovalev. 

28 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

That would be awful for the Habs, Drouin has shown flashes but not enough. Just an awful deal.

The other big rumor going around is Galchenyuk and Beaulieu to the Avalanche for Duchene and Tyson Barrie which personnel wise would be a good move for Montreal but would eat up their salary cap and mean that Radulov would be unable to be resigned.

Galchenyuk is not a good center, if he stays he almost certainly will be moved to the wing and the Plekanec failed experiment will occur again. He is gifted but flawed, a highlight reel play once a week and long stretches of being invisible. He is still young enough to get over his problems but if the Canadiens feel that he is as good as he is gonna get they may be right to move him out now, fill the 1C spot now. Something has to give. It is still Carey Price and the seven dwarfs come April every year. What they are doing is clearly not working and Chuckie may be the piece that is moved.

Or maybe they can trade Weber for Subban............

I think if you're going to trade Chucky it needs to be for a 1C. I do not think Duchene is a 1C and I'm pretty sure Bergevin thinks that too or he would have pulled the trigger on that deal already, but I agree with everything else you said. 

as for the Weber suggestion, thanks! I'm sure they'll probably look into it! :whiteflag:

Archived