IOC Bans Russia from the Olympics

hf101

Russia has been suspended from competing at the 2018 Olympics by the International Olympic Committee in light of rampant doping in that country.

As per the IOC, clean, individual, invited athletes will still be able to participate, "be it in individual or team competitions, under the name 'Olympic Athlete from Russia (OAR)." They will play with a uniform bearing the OAR name and under the Olympic Flag, and the Olympic Anthem will be played in any ceremony.

In light of this news, the KHL will probably not release its players.   

Maybe it is unfair to punish players not involved in the doping incident, so  I wonder if we will see if Russia is also banned from World Juniors in Dec?

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Agreed, I guess the only thing the IOC banned was the Russian Flag and Anthem.

You're banned from this site.

You can still post, react, read, edit, and stay on 24/7 if you'd like.  But dammit, you're banned.

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

You're banned from this site.

You can still post, react, read, edit, and stay on 24/7 if you'd like.  But dammit, you're banned.

Got it.

Instead of of being known as a supporting member of hockey forums, now just refer to me as “Some Guy from Upstate NY that loves Hockey”. :VeryCool:

5 hours ago, Samifan said:

Got it.

Instead of of being known as a supporting member of hockey forums, now just refer to me as “Some Guy from Upstate NY that loves Hockey”. :VeryCool:

Exactly!  See?  You got this!

A Russian athlete, sorry Russia was banned from the Olympics for wide spread doping so let me start over. An Olympic Athlete from Russia curler is being investigated for possible doping. 

First thing my wife asks me is find out what he was taking and take some so I can do a better job of sweeping and moping around the house!

Archived