Lindblom recalled, Stolarz activated from IR

AJgoal

3 minutes ago, King Knut said:

It may have been short sighted on Hakstol's part to prefer Manning over Sanheim which then forced Hextall to send him back.

No Travis needed to be sent down to work on his game...which it seems he has.

6 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Morin should still be waiver exempt next year

No he requires waivers next year.

https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-calculator/samuel-morin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, King Knut said:

If all these assets work out, trading them is inevitable.

It is why bring them in slowly as a trickle so to speak is best for holding onto as many as you can instead of all them arriving at the same time...because then no way you will be able to keep a lot of them.

I know easier said than done when you are trying to ice the best lineup in the salary cap era.

8 minutes ago, King Knut said:

The nice thing is that up front, the Flyers look to have a TON more talent than the Preds. 

Exactly for as good as they are drafting Dmen and goalies they struggle to draft forwards it is why they used their arsenal of Dmen to get the forwards they desired...

...the Flyers as it looks once you glance over the prospects they have drafted and have coming into their stable it looks right now (of course because i don't have a magic 8 ball) looks to be getting balance in all of the positions.

And that is a good thing.

And with the constant good drafting and revolving door from junior to AHL to NHL when need be they too can move pieces for pieces they need.

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Who's the 7th in that case? I feel like it won't be Gudas or MacDonald.

That was what I was getting at. There's no way MacDonald is the 7th unless the coach finds Jesus, and Gudas shouldn't be. I doubt it's Hagg. Obviously not Provorov or Ghost. Which leaves Morin or Sanheim. Unless someone is moved. MacDonald as part of a Simmonds trade?

39 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No Travis needed to be sent down to work on his game...which it seems he has.

So did Manning... I guess the difference is that it might have done some good with Sanheim.  

Not suggesting Sanheim was perfect as he was... he was just better than Manning 85% of the time.  

39 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No he requires waivers next year.

https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-calculator/samuel-morin

Isn't that suggesting he has to play 157 games by the end of next year to require waivers?  

Seems like he has one year and 157 games of exemption or am I reading that wrong?

41 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It is why bring them in slowly as a trickle so to speak is best for holding onto as many as you can instead of all them arriving at the same time...because then no way you will be able to keep a lot of them.

I know easier said than done when you are trying to ice the best lineup in the salary cap era.

With Manning gone next year and Myers and Friedman available for call ups for injuries, it should get them some minutes and the org the glimpses to start assessing their futures.  

If Morin really isn't waiver exempt next year, they're going to have some issues.  Someone's going to have to ride some pine or get traded.  

5 minutes ago, King Knut said:

So did Manning...

Yeah and he required waivers. Ron didn't want to lose regardless of what you and i think. Honestly i wish it would have been him sent down and claimed instead of Alt.

29 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

That was what I was getting at. There's no way MacDonald is the 7th unless the coach finds Jesus, and Gudas shouldn't be. I doubt it's Hagg. Obviously not Provorov or Ghost. Which leaves Morin or Sanheim. Unless someone is moved. MacDonald as part of a Simmonds trade?

I understand what you're saying about MacDonald, but Morin and Sanheim will both likely be outplaying Mac and Gudas (unless something changes drastically for him) but next fall.  Who plays and who doesn't will likely be a matter of eligibility.  

8 minutes ago, King Knut said:

So did Manning... I guess the difference is that it might have done some good with Sanheim.  

Not suggesting Sanheim was perfect as he was... he was just better than Manning 85% of the time.  

Isn't that suggesting he has to play 157 games by the end of next year to require waivers?  

Seems like he has one year and 157 games of exemption or am I reading that wrong?

No it's say for example he was to make the Flyers on his first year first game of the season (each one is 82 games long) ELC he would be allowed 160 games before waivers are required i think that includes playoff games to so he could require waivers while still on his ELC...

43 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Exactly for as good as they are drafting Dmen and goalies they struggle to draft forwards it is why they used their arsenal of Dmen to get the forwards they desired...

...the Flyers as it looks once you glance over the prospects they have drafted and have coming into their stable it looks right now (of course because i don't have a magic 8 ball) looks to be getting balance in all of the positions.

And that is a good thing.

And with the constant good drafting and revolving door from junior to AHL to NHL when need be they too can move pieces for pieces they need.

And that's the one thing we really haven't seen from Hextall yet.  He's excellent at moving pieces for picks and pieces for (at least future if not immediate) cap space, but he hasn't been in a position to make any real trades. 

Mrazek was a gift that fell in his lap I suppose, but it's a decent deal IMHO.  

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No it's say for example he was to make the Flyers on his ELC he would be allowed 160 games  before waivers are required i think that includes playoff games to so he could require waivers while still on his ELC...

This is the 5th year since he was drafted and signed his ELC.  Is that what makes him non-exempt next year?

https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-faq

26 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Mrazek was a gift that fell in his lap I suppose, but it's a decent deal IMHO.  

I'm actually quite liking the Mrazek trade, and I think Hex deserves a lot of credit for it. I don't think it was a gift so much as he wrangled his way into a fairly low-risk and high-reward deal. 

In fact, I'd say Hex has a great track record as far as trades go. He hasn't made any huge splash kinds of trades in his tenure, but then he really hasn't had to either. In looking at the trades Hex has made, it's hard not to see some substantial positives. He's clearly a very shrewd trader as far as I can see. Mrazek to me seems like just the latest example of this.

The mere fact he was able to offload a number of horrendous contracts and pull the team out of cap hell in just a couple short years is amazing. He took over what was easily one of the worst contract structures in the league when he came in (toot toot homercoaster), and has done amazingly well in turning all that around into a team that's performing very well now and is enjoying a stacked prospect pool for the foreseeable future.

That's not to say he's done everything right in his time so far, but I definitely think he's been very strong on the trade front.

33 minutes ago, King Knut said:

This is the 5th year since he was drafted and signed his ELC.  Is that what makes him non-exempt next year?

https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-faq

No it starts ticking form his 1st pro game. AHL even though it isn't the NHL is considered pro.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

No it starts ticking form his 1st pro game. AHL even though it isn't the NHL is considered pro.

1 hour ago, elmatus said:

I'm actually quite liking the Mrazek trade, and I think Hex deserves a lot of credit for it. I don't think it was a gift so much as he wrangled his way into a fairly low-risk and high-reward deal. 

In fact, I'd say Hex has a great track record as far as trades go. He hasn't made any huge splash kinds of trades in his tenure, but then he really hasn't had to either. In looking at the trades Hex has made, it's hard not to see some substantial positives. He's clearly a very shrewd trader as far as I can see. Mrazek to me seems like just the latest example of this.

The mere fact he was able to offload a number of horrendous contracts and pull the team out of cap hell in just a couple short years is amazing. He took over what was easily one of the worst contract structures in the league when he came in (toot toot homercoaster), and has done amazingly well in turning all that around into a team that's performing very well now and is enjoying a stacked prospect pool for the foreseeable future.

That's not to say he's done everything right in his time so far, but I definitely think he's been very strong on the trade front.

I'm with you 100%, but I've gotten into it with some others on hear about this so look out ;) --all sparring was in goo fun though I'm sure.

The really impressive part is how much of the turn around came from internal development and how we still are only scratching the surface of the prospect pool.

The only thing about the trade front and Hextall is that as you say, he hasn't made any splashy deals to acquire anyone for the purposes of them actually being good on the team yet.  

I was thrilled to see that he was interested in Hoffman from Ottawa, but similarly thrilled to see that he turned down their suggested offer of Sanheim and a first.. which is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, King Knut said:

The really impressive part is how much of the turn around came from internal development and how we still are only scratching the surface of the prospect pool.

I really really hope by the time the playoff roll around this kid has gotten another look he is a upgrade over Manning when he is confident.

They can use him on PP2 as well.

Archived