Who sits when simmer comes back?

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

If not now then i don't know when would be?

They only have 3 recalls left till the end of the year no since waiting.

Even better, if both guys are nicked up and can't play on Wednesday, calling up Sanheim would qualify as an emergency recall and wouldn't count against the limit. He would later count if they kept him after one of MacDonald or Oduya was healthy again.

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

Even better, if both guys are nicked up and can't play on Wednesday, calling up Sanheim would qualify as an emergency recall and wouldn't count against the limit. He would later count if they kept him after one of MacDonald or Oduya was healthy again.

For this reason Meltzer is saying he thinks Brennan or O'Neill get the call up and not Sanheim.

RE: "Leier showing nothing"

This is a lazy take.

Leier has shown to be; fast, strong along the walls,  decent on the cycle, disciplined and reasonably smart.

He has not shown scoring touch.

He is not being asked to play top 6 minutes with those responsibilities. Sure it would be nice for him to chip in with the odd goal every once in a while.  I'm not sure what others' expectations of a 4th line player are, to me he's been fine in his role, his contract is team friendly...he's no worse than Lehtera or Weisse in my book.  I've never watched a guy blow by him like he was standing still, I've seen him hit and take hits to make plays. This is his first NHL season, he hasn't looked like an idiot when he's dressed.  I'm not understanding where the notion he's a bust is coming from.  I'm more disappointed with Weal than I am Leier.

Well i found this so it looks like it won't be Lehtera:

Claude Giroux – Sean Couturier – Travis Konecny

Oskar Lindblom  Nolan Patrick  Jake Voracek

Jordan Weal  Valtteri Filppula  Wayne Simmonds

Jori Lehtera – Scott Laughton – Michael Raffl

Healthy Scratch: Matt Read, Taylor Leier, Dale Weise

Archived