NO MORE LOSSES!!!!!

As I said in another thread.... if playing like this would guarantee us a new coach... I'm all for in for tanking the season.    I'll even show up at the Colorado game ( already have tickets ) and give him a going away gift.    This can't go on for another year.

7 hours ago, colorado_al said:

if playing like this would guarantee us a new coach

It won't. Haks isn't going anywhere for at least another season imo. If the team doesn't take another step forward next year, then maybe the conversation will ramp up to replace him. That of course is assuming there is a better replacement available. I don't think Hex will replace him for someone unproven at this point. It would take someone with strong NHL coaching credentials I expect. He won't want to put his neck on the line with an unproven guy twice in a row.

12 hours ago, Pucked in the head said:

They're done if they play mrazek anymore that dude is a friggin buzzkill , and we can't afford to lose anymore, the hunt is too tight and other teams aren't on (another skid) they're freakin winning in bunches not losing in bunches. Wrong direction boys, the playoffs are the other way!

This really seems like a thing.  He seems completely out of synch with the defense and very out of synch with the play going on around him.  I think Hextall and Hakstol are getting pretty damn sick of him too.   The guy had a chance to come into Philly and either carve out a true number one role for himself here or prove to every other team that needs a goalie that he's a legit option in a trade or signing.  Instead, he's really blowing it and at best carving out a nice spot for himself in the KHL next season.  

Something ain't right with the guy.  

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree. However if it shows Lappy and Murphy the door i would be happy with that. That would be a win in my book.

I think they have to go.  The PK is horrible and the defense just looks clueless most of the time  They really need some strong guidance IMHO. 

If the PK was just average, the Flyers would have given up about 11 fewer goals this year.  And as we know, those goals tended to be difference makers that often cost the game.  The Flyers have become excellent at not taking penalties, but are absolutely ATROCIOUS at killing the ones they do take.  They are historically bad.  Somehow the oilers are still worse, but nevertheless, THAT DOESN"T MAKE 2nd worst okay. 

Frankly, I'm not the least bit thrilled with Knoblach either.  The PP has taken a step back this year too.  The 2nd unit isn't worse than last year, but both units just look sloppy most of the time.  Last year, even when the top unit didn't score (which wasn't often) they looked sharp most of the time.  This year, they never feel in control and it almost feels like their scoring in spite of their system.  

3 hours ago, elmatus said:

It won't. Haks isn't going anywhere for at least another season imo. If the team doesn't take another step forward next year, then maybe the conversation will ramp up to replace him. That of course is assuming there is a better replacement available. I don't think Hex will replace him for someone unproven at this point. It would take someone with strong NHL coaching credentials I expect. He won't want to put his neck on the line with an unproven guy twice in a row.

At this point, I'm not sure I need Hak to go.  The things I hate the most about Hakstol, can be repaired by Hextall at any moment by simply saying, "We're waiving Lehtera and not resigning Manning".  Force Hakstol to work with Lindblom, Vecchione, Allison, Morin, etc and let's see what happens.  of course we'll have to wait til next year for this, but...

The only real problem I still have with Hakstol is the overplaying the goalies thing which... yeah.  that's still and issue. 

The stuff I was on his case for earlier in the year... about coaching from the bench better and not losing control of games, I actually think he has gotten much better at this.  Working refs... he's gotten better.  I think he even called a timeout at one point... though that may have been a fantasy I had.  

Frankly, the reasons they're losing right now can't really be pinned on Hak.  They sorta have to play Manning because Hagg is hurt.  Until Hextall takes Filppula and Lehtera and Weise off the roster, he's going to use them and it's not like Leier has proven himself ridiculously better in his opportunities. 

The defense seems to have decided to have a complete group mental collapse all at once.  Except for Manning who was been like this all along this year.  They're just not playing smart.  mental fatigue?  I don't know... they're making goofy stupid mistakes.

There's a point to suggesting that Hak could help the PK by putting out faster skaters.  Right now the Flyers PK really seems to be completely unable to win a race to a lose puck to save their lives.  They're also fairly unskilled so if they do get the puck, they seem to stumble trying to skate with it or flub the clear which results in them staying out longer, getting more tired, slower and getting scored on.

Get Filppula off more, get Laughton on more. Luckily Lehtera seems to have left the PK, but the fact is the PK isn't any better for it.  There's something deeper wrong with the unit than skill or talent or speed (though speed is the biggest problem i see).  

9 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Frankly, I'm not the least bit thrilled with Knoblach either. 

I agee his 9 shorties against don't look good i agree.

However he is coming over from juniors and is learning the difference from the up tick in talent level so i would give him a pass this year....however i think they end up in this situation again next year we could see Hexy just clean house.

And i would be surprised if Knobby is coach in waiting for Ron if he does decide to fire Hak when it/if it goes down.

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agee his 9 shorties against don't look good i agree.

However he is coming over from juniors and is learning the difference from the up tick in talent level so i would give him a pass this year....however i think they end up in this situation again next year we could see Hexy just clean house.

And i would be surprised if Knobby is coach in waiting for Ron if he does decide to fire Hak when it/if it goes down.

Everyone's been saying that since they hired him, but what has he shown us to make that seem like a good idea?

13 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Everyone's been saying that since they hired him, but what has he shown us to make that seem like a good idea?

Sorry i got nothing....i was trying to stay in some sort of positive light with that staff and not blast them all.

So have at it.

Can't/won't defend any of them.......really after what i have seen.

14 hours ago, colorado_al said:

As I said in another thread.... if playing like this would guarantee us a new coach... I'm all for in for tanking the season.    I'll even show up at the Colorado game ( already have tickets ) and give him a going away gift.    This can't go on for another year.

Got any extras?I'm in the springs.

Right now I have 6 in section 258 but they are all taken right now... there are still a lot of openings... come on up... The Flyers are playing like crap right now but we can sure rub in that Eagles / Broncos score <LOL>

14 minutes ago, colorado_al said:

Right now I have 6 in section 258 but they are all taken right now... there are still a lot of openings... come on up... The Flyers are playing like crap right now but we can sure rub in that Eagles / Broncos score <LOL>

I'll see if the wife will let me out for the night ,lol

Archived