1. 1. Who wins the Central in 2018-19?

• Nashville
    • Winnipeg
    • Chicago
    • Minnesota
    • St. Louis
    • Dallas
    • Colorado
  2. 2. How many teams make the playoffs from the Central?

Arguably the most rugged division in the game, who wins the Central? How many teams make the playoffs from the division? Listed below is the order that I see them ranking.

1)Jets PRO Finally over the playoff hump with a deep run, returns deep talented core. CON need a second line center, Little getting long in the tooth.

2) Blues PRO Monster offseason, added grit and scoring to every single forward line. CON may take awhile to mesh, still hoping Allen is the answer.

3) Predators PRO Playoff tested, Rinne playing for a payday, deep everywhere. CON not as deep down the middle as other West contenders.

4) Wild PRO Veteran team retooled with Zucker, Granlund now the faces of the team. CON Suter and Parise contracts don't allow for big moves.

5) Stars PRO Seguin playing for contract, deeper team this year. CON is Bishop capable of bailing out young defense?

6) Avalanche PRO MacKinnon developed into superstar and heart of the team. CON What goes up this much usually drops the next year.

7) Blackhawks PRO Still have Toews/Kane/Crawford/Keith and a few good young players. CON long term big money deals finally caught up to roster.

That is the order that I have them finishing this coming season.

I have five teams making the playoffs from the Central,  with the Stars barely edging out the Avalanche for the final playoff spot. I have Winnipeg winning the West going to the SCF against Tampa before bowing out.

Sorry this won't be more in depth. My work and commute schedule allows me about 20 minutes after dinner and I've already spent 15.

Division winner:  Winnipeg. They have simply an incredible team. They're my Cup winner, by the way. 

2.  Colorado. This will depend upon whether they have enough goaltending. 

3.  Nashville. Their window is closing and they're Rinne's carriage turning into a pumpkin away from falling to earth. I don't know if Saros is ready to run with it if Rinne falters. 

4. St. Louis. Might flip flop them and Nashville, but St Louis does not have the goaltending. Allen is horrible. 

5. Dallas. They could sneak in. 

6. Minnesota Wild. I cannot imagine why this pretending team would make the playoffs. No offense to any Wild fans. I'm blunt about it because this team frustrates me (only half as much as it does many of you).  This team's window has closed and management has done nothing to help the situation. Completely asleep at the wheel. It's a shame. Their fans deserve better. 

7. Chicago. At least they have memories of parades to keep themselves warm at night. The team is not deep, their defensemen are not getting any younger, and I don't trust Crawford.  In another division maybe they fair better. They sold their soul for their Cups. Welcome to Hell. 

19 hours ago, yave1964 said:

I have five teams making the playoffs from the Central,  with the Stars barely edging out the Avalanche for the final playoff spot. I have Winnipeg winning the West going to the SCF against Tampa before bowing out.

Man I hope your prediction is accurate. Although I can’t see the Jets holding off the Bolts if they make to SCF. Central is going to be a meat grinder this year. Jets will have their hands full just in the regular season. Hopefully the guys get it and now know what it takes to ride out a season and endure another run at the Cup.

I voted for the Jets to win the Central.  I also said 4 teams will make the playoffs out of the Central.  This is still the division of death in the NHL.  These teams beat the hell out of each other and it will be interesting to see how much they cannibalize each other throughout the 2018-19 season.  

Archived