Karlsson traded to the Sharks

Brewin Flames

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I forgot who I sent you for Karlsson :thinking:

Exactly. 

Actually, it's just as well. Not to hijack this thread, but I'd have had to decide between keeping Karlsson or Gostisbehere. I'd just as soon not have to make that choice. 

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Well, I think i did alot better than the Senators.

Screenshot_20180920-204922.jpg

Yeah i say so... I forgot I gave up Wheeler and a 1st....

i will add though , that in this format and scoring system... Karlsson >>Subban. Hence the reason I gave up Wheeler....

I really wanted Ghost but there’s no way you were going to give him up.

In real life it is criminal what the Sens GM was willing to take back for Ksrlsson.... :dizzysmiley-1:

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

Yeah i say so... I forgot I gave up Wheeler and a 1st....

i will add though , that in this format and scoring system... Karlsson >>Subban. Hence the reason I gave up Wheeler....

I really wanted Ghost but there’s no way you were going to give him up.

In real life it is criminal what the Sens GM was willing to take back for Ksrlsson.... :dizzysmiley-1:

Yeah it was actuality a balanced trade given the format. 

But back to "real life," i don't understand Ottawa at all. I guess they saw what happened to the Islanders and wanted something, anything. 

That or they secretly have stock in the Sharks. 

I'm sure other GMs aren't offering much, but neither did San Jose. Twice. 

31 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

But back to "real life," i don't understand Ottawa at all. I guess they saw what happened to the Islanders and wanted something, anything. 

FB_IMG_1536889249667.jpg

9 hours ago, ruxpin said:

https://www.nicholsonhockey.com/archives/2018/9/20/friedman-sharks-all-in-this-season

This part of the discussion opened with Doug Wilson’s press conference introduction for Erik Karlsson.

“I’ve got to tell you, there were some GMs in the West that were really mad,” laughed Friedman. “They were angry. Doug Wilson - he’s a closer. He’s a salesman, he’s a great salesman.”

“He gets them and he keeps them and then they stay,” added podcast co-host Jeff Marek.

“He knows he’s got San Jose, right,” noted Friedman. “He knows he’s got San Jose. I can always remember Craig Rivet telling me the story about going from Montreal to San Jose, and he goes, ‘Okay, when does the media come in,’ and Joe Thornton looks at him and goes, ‘They’re in. That’s him.’

“So you go out there and you love it. I mean, it’s a great place to live. It’s expensive, but it’s a great place to live. It’s great for your family, outdoors the weather is beautiful.

“The thing is too, the team. I’m not surprised Evander Kane would go out there and sign, not only because they’re offering $49 million, but because look at those guys. That is a team that accepts people who are unafraid to be different. As long as you show up and you do the job, they will accept the fact that you’re not a ‘typical hockey player.’

“But Wilson is a salesman. He knows what he’s got around him, and he finds a way to do it. They call him the dentist - when he gets you in the chair and starts talking trade with you... I’ve had other GMs who tell me that the worst feeling in the NHL is when you’ve got only one team to trade with, and that guy is Doug Wilson - because you’re not getting out of there alive. Like, you know you’re probably going to lose the deal. Because he can talk up his players and make it sound like, ‘Boy, you’re getting a hell of a prospect here,’ and everyone else is going to say, ‘What? What are you doing.’

“That’s what happened here. They’re going to be outstanding. They’re going to be really good.

“I understood when they pitched to Tavares, they told him, ‘You’re the piece. Where we are right now, we have to win.’ Because how much longer are they getting Thornton and Pavelski healthy and at their best. So he told Tavares, ‘You’re the piece,’ from what I understand.

“And I’m sure they said the same thing to Karlsson when he met with them. I think they know they’re all-in, and they’re going to go out and they’re going to get somebody else at some point, maybe a center. They’re all-in it for this year.

12 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

https://www.nicholsonhockey.com/archives/2018/9/20/friedman-sharks-all-in-this-season

This part of the discussion opened with Doug Wilson’s press conference introduction for Erik Karlsson.

“I’ve got to tell you, there were some GMs in the West that were really mad,” laughed Friedman. “They were angry. Doug Wilson - he’s a closer. He’s a salesman, he’s a great salesman.”

“He gets them and he keeps them and then they stay,” added podcast co-host Jeff Marek.

“He knows he’s got San Jose, right,” noted Friedman. “He knows he’s got San Jose. I can always remember Craig Rivet telling me the story about going from Montreal to San Jose, and he goes, ‘Okay, when does the media come in,’ and Joe Thornton looks at him and goes, ‘They’re in. That’s him.’

“So you go out there and you love it. I mean, it’s a great place to live. It’s expensive, but it’s a great place to live. It’s great for your family, outdoors the weather is beautiful.

“The thing is too, the team. I’m not surprised Evander Kane would go out there and sign, not only because they’re offering $49 million, but because look at those guys. That is a team that accepts people who are unafraid to be different. As long as you show up and you do the job, they will accept the fact that you’re not a ‘typical hockey player.’

“But Wilson is a salesman. He knows what he’s got around him, and he finds a way to do it. They call him the dentist - when he gets you in the chair and starts talking trade with you... I’ve had other GMs who tell me that the worst feeling in the NHL is when you’ve got only one team to trade with, and that guy is Doug Wilson - because you’re not getting out of there alive. Like, you know you’re probably going to lose the deal. Because he can talk up his players and make it sound like, ‘Boy, you’re getting a hell of a prospect here,’ and everyone else is going to say, ‘What? What are you doing.’

“That’s what happened here. They’re going to be outstanding. They’re going to be really good.

“I understood when they pitched to Tavares, they told him, ‘You’re the piece. Where we are right now, we have to win.’ Because how much longer are they getting Thornton and Pavelski healthy and at their best. So he told Tavares, ‘You’re the piece,’ from what I understand.

“And I’m sure they said the same thing to Karlsson when he met with them. I think they know they’re all-in, and they’re going to go out and they’re going to get somebody else at some point, maybe a center. They’re all-in it for this year.

If they don't win it all in the next two years (including this season), I'm going to laugh my fool ass off.

Archived