Wild vs. Hurricanes 10/13/18 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MNSOTA no we don't and I kind of hope we do lose a lot so we have a chance at a high draft pick. At the same time, I know that our scouts would screw it up and pick a guy who'd still be around in like the 5th round with one of the top 5 picks.

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

McElhinney.
Far. From. Unbeatable.

Put this away, Wild!

But when facing back up goaltenders....or backups to the backups....or rookie goaltenders, this team will make them look like the next coming of Patrick Roy/Martin Brodeur/Dominik Hasek.

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

He is screaming the Carolina player fell on his own, but Staal's stick should NOT have been near the guy's feet.... the little details..

Agreed. It was a kinda lame to call, but there's no reason to give a ref to make that call in the first place. How 'bout an empty netter in about 40 seconds?

2 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

The Wild have always had this talent for making journeyman goal tenders look like the second coming of Jacques Plante...

1 minute ago, MNSOTA said:

But when facing back up goaltenders....or backups to the backups....or rookie goaltenders, this team will make them look like the next coming of Patrick Roy/Martin Brodeur/Dominik Hasek.

I know, I know guys...I've seen it too.

But my comment was because before the game started, Curtis McElhinney, statistically, looked like the better goalie between he and Petr Mrazek, and I have seen enough of McElhinney in Columbus and Toronto to know he will give up the chances, or just completely miss shots if the Wild pressured him enough.

Fortunately, Minnesota did a bit more net crowding today and even taking random shots, albeit not many of them.
It was enough to befuddle ol McE.

Archived