Scott Darling, Calvin Pickard waived

yave1964

Are you in need of a used goalie? Two hit waivers today.

The Flyers placed Calvin Pickard on waivers today with the rumor that the Leafs may claim him and try to work him to the Marlies as organization depth, and the Hurricanes announced the Scott Darling disaster is at an end. 

Pickard really isn't an NHL goalie, I watched him quite a lot with the Monsters in the AHL and he is slow with poor reaction time. I supposed if you need a goalie in an emergency for a week or so he kind of could do the job but that is about all.

As for Darling, oof. He kind of proves my point about overage players bursting on the scene as he did a few years ago when he was pushing hard against Crawford in Chicago. Carolina traded for him, signed him to a 4 year deal at 4.15 million per. He has bombed, he has been so bad that he has been pushed off the NHL roster by being badly outplayed by 35 year old Curtis Mcelhinney and perennial disappointment Petr Mrazek. that needs to be repeated to let it sink in for anyone who wants to give the slug a shot.

HE LOST HIS JOB TO MRAZEK AND MCBACKUP. And he still has two years remaining on his deal.

Move along here, nothing to see. If your favorite team were to claim one of these two clowns with the actual intention of using them it means your team is in serious trouble.

24 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

Plus the Canes need now even more than ever to acquire themselves a quality goalie.

Pickard just claimed by the Coyotes who have Kuemper out and just lost the injury prone Raanta again. I can kind of sort of see that. Darling? Two years remaining on his deal? No way.

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Welcome to Philly Scott!

They're going to be "shrewd" and wait for him to clear waivers before they sign him as a FA.

No, that's not going to happen.

I'm sticking with my Simmonds, Hart, and 2 2nds to LA for Quick. 👺

Archived