Wild vs. Oilers 12/7/2018

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Honestly, I'm surprised we're not facing Koskinen tonight.

seems like we play teams backups a lot but yes I'd of thought Koskinen too just becuase he's the starter and needs all the games he can get right now. Also maybe they think he's the better option vs Calgary tomorrow which I am surprised just becasue Calgary's offense.

1 minute ago, JR Ewing said:

I know that Dubnyk gave up 3 on 6 shots, but the Wild have given up a good number of odd-man chances already. His team wasn't doing him favours.

Oh trust me, we know.

Just now, bbgarnett said:

@JR Ewing no they weren't but the change still needed  to be made just to wake the team up. Also  Doobs did have that bad misplay on the one goal so he already was a little shaky.

Oh, he wasn't the reincarnation of Georges Vezina tonight. Trust me, I get it. I'm not saying that he didn't deserve the hook. When Todd McLellan refused to pull the goalie, even during a blowout, I would grit my teeth so hard I'm surprised they didn't shatter.

I get it.

@JR Ewing yeah I don't understand why some coaches do that. I think Roy did it a time or two which was funny becuase I am pretty sure that's what eneded his time in Montreal after a game they lost like 7-0 and the coach refused to pull him. He was livid about it and never played a game for them again. I am oretty sure that's how it went down but I could be mistaken,

3 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

@JR Ewing yeah I don't understand why some coaches do that. I think Roy did it a time or two which was funny becuase I am pretty sure that's what eneded his time in Montreal after a game they lost like 7-0 and the coach refused to pull him. He was livid about it and never played a game for them again. I am oretty sure that's how it went down but I could be mistaken,

You're very right.

I watched that game, and I'll never forget it. Mario Tremblay left Roy in for 9 goals in an 11-1 pounding, saying something along the lines of "Well, the rest of us have to play the entire game, so why shouldn't he?" Roy was so embarrassed and angry that as he left the ice, he approached team President, Ronald Corey, and told him "That's the last game I play for this team."

The Oilers complete offensive picture, distilled to a scoreboard: 3 goals tonight, scored by Draisaitl, Nugent-Hopkins and McDavid. Don't worry, though. Milan Lucic is probably the best table tennis player in the locker room.

I can almost picture the pre-game meeting for Minnesota tonight: "There's only 3 guys we have to defend tonight."

2nd intermission: Same meeting, but the same three names are underlined.

Just now, rottenrefs said:

The Wild need to control the neutral zone and start winning puck battles.

I think you're right. The Wild forwards allowed the Oilers to skate through the neutral zone with a lot of speed, which in turn forced the defense to leave big gaps, such as with the Draisaitl goal.

Archived